At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing program initiatives which have financial impact and involves internal and/or external resources within an assigned function. Programs include product development, integration, technology, conversions and other special programs as approved. Exercises significant latitude in managing the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes on programs. Responsible for partnering with stakeholders to create and utilize project planning and analysis tools to successfully align project planning with business strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as a trusted business partner to leaders by developing program plans and solutions to achieve short-term needs and long-term business growth.
- Drives the program cycle process with key stakeholders.
- Partners with internal clients to streamline program processes.
- Develops innovative strategies that drive superior program performance. Implements solutions and efficiencies; work with internal partners to ensure system meets all data privacy, compliance and regulations.
- Directs and consults with the management team on strategic and emerging trends. Ensures they align with vision and goals of the organization.
- Articulates across all levels of the Bank, business goals and connect them to HR capabilities to be delivered and a supporting program portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to partner across organizational lines in the selection, development and integration of business processes, applications and related software
- Adopts and executes Program Management standards, processes and governance across a broad program portfolio
Design Thinking Group
- Collaborate with Senior Executives to define an integrated product/platform vision and strategy based on market, regulatory, and internal needs
- Lead the prioritization efforts and manage the trade-offs among regulatory requirements, user experience, enterprise architecture strategy, and business operational needs
- Define creative, high-quality, and realistic roadmaps that integrate with other corporate initiatives
- Lead the development of detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Lead Product Managers, Business Analysts, and partner closely with engineering teams to deliver product enhancements rapidly
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic and technical goals
- Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates market opportunities and effect on market of present products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products
- Plan and direct major, long-term projects and chair Executive Steering Committee reviews
- Leads all activities relative product development in partnership with other bank units for the most effective and consistent implementation of features and capabilities
- Manage vendor and consulting partner relationships to ensure that bank objectives are achieved
- BSA / AML / Customer Due Diligence / Customer Onboarding / Customer 360 / Reporting / Analytic
- Experience leading an managing end-to-end lifecycles for technology and/or data products
- Deep technical understanding of best practices in enterprise architecture, data management, and product development
- Proven ability to partner, at various levels, across a complex organization and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to craft messages geared to the Board and Bank Senior Executive leadership.
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter with the ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Project/Portfolio Management, Product/Platform Development, Business Architecture, Business Process Modeling, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Data Management, Business Analytics, and hands-on technical background preferred
- Well-versed with the principles of human-centered design process and design thinking framework
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and distributed team environment
- Ability to influence decisions and gain consensus on priorities across different stakeholders
- Ability to balance priorities including cost and other strategic imperatives
- Prior experience in change management and process improvement
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of a multi-year Design Thinking program rollout
- Ensure the alignment of Design Thinking capabilities with organizational initiatives; such as, Innovation, Change Management, and Talent & Leadership development
- Consult and collaborate with Human Resources, Lines of Business, and IT partners to identify talent and business opportunities for Design Thinking training
- Facilitate Design Thinking workshops to address specific business challenges, and apply Design Thinking methodology as part of the Customer Journey programs
- Work with external vendors to develop a Design Thinking curriculum, methodology and toolkit.
- Develop a measurement and reporting framework for the Design Thinking program to achieve program objectives.
- Develop and manage internal marketing and communication strategy for Design Thinking Program in collaboration with Marketing & Communications.
- Coordinate with external vendors on schedule, logistics and delivery of training in alignment with Learning & Development schedule.
- Curate and publish Design Thinking success stories.
- Build a community of Design Thinking practitioners, facilitators and instructors across the Enterprise
- Track and introduce industry best practices in Design Thinking at the bank
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Serves as HR’s data protection officer, working cross-functionally with stakeholders to ensure compliance with Bank of the West’s privacy and data protection program
- Manages and implement HR’s global data protection and privacy compliance program, including the development of appropriate policies and procedures, developing and providing training, monitoring HR’s compliance, and maintaining appropriate records evidencing Company’s program.
- Provides internal expertise of applicable global privacy laws, such as HIPAA, GDPR, and state laws, including working with in-house counsel, outside firms, and companies as necessary to maintain knowledge of these laws.
- Stays abreast of developments privacy and data protection technologies, including those related to cyber security, and advise HR on best practices and implementation of these technologies.
- Monitors HR’s ongoing compliance with its data protection and privacy policies and procedures and develop goals to ensure ongoing compliance, including investigating any report of noncompliance, and provide recommendations and oversee implementation of any necessary changes and conduct periodic reviews of how HR obtains, uses, stores, and shares personal information.
- Provides advice, guidance, and support for privacy impact assessment activities for new product development, changes to existing products, and internal business systems and assist HR to implement privacy by design concepts.
- Liaises with third parties, including vendors, customers, and governmental bodies, on data protection and privacy matters, including, as necessary, with EU Data Protection Authorities and other regulators.
- Provides support on other HR IT initiatives as requested and as necessary.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Project Management