The Senior Client Accountant works with the Client Accounting Manager/Assistant Manager (or equivalent) as a subject matter expert and is responsible for ensuring the Client Accounting and Financial Reporting for our Client(s) is managed in an effective and timely manner in accordance with Client requirements
The objective of the role is to :
- Ensure that all Client and property accounting services are delivered to a consistently high standard and to the service levels required by the Client;
- Maintaining complete and up to date records and financial management, including applying accounting regulations, query management, service charge management, reconciliations, capex, opex and other Client specific procedures;
- Working with surveyors, Clients and other team members on the most appropriate actions to resolve queries;
- Supporting the contractual compliance across the team, including performing within the SLAs and KPIs on behalf of BNPPRE; and
- Assisting in continuously improving processes for market leading best practise financial management and in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Effective People leadership is considered critical to the success of the department, to ensuring we attract and retain high performing talent. As a member of the Management team, it is key that this role will:
- Act as a mentor and role model to the Client Accounting and Financial Reporting team members in their day to day activities. Provide coaching and support the team to ensure appropriate levels of performance and technical skills are maintained.
- Processes are seen as essential to the operations of the team, department and wider internal stakeholders. It is key that this role will assist the Client Accounting Manager/Assistant Manager :
- Develop, implement and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure service delivery standards for internal and external clients are met;
- Design and implement the departmental control framework and delegation policy relevant to their areas;
- Work with internal audit and compliance to ensure that all compliance and control requirements are met; and
- Participate in and monitor the effectiveness of controls of activities.
- The Client Finance department is a critical part of service delivery to many of the BNP Paribas Clients and the Client Accounting and Financial Reporting function is considered to be market leading. It is key that this role will:
- Work with the management team, the Client Accounting Manager/Assistant Manager and other members of Client Finance to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and control of the Client Accounting and Financial Reporting operations;
- Act as the principal contact point for Clients, surveyors, and other relevant parties on all aspects of accounting service delivery;
- Monitor and produce client accounting records, including client statements and/or profit and loss and balance sheet reporting, VAT and other tax reporting, charges to Occupiers and Clients, reconciliations, CIS, rent deposits, and bank, cash, and service charge reconciliations, query response and maintaining and collating supporting information as required;
- Keeping property and finance data up to date and managing the finance elements of the database.
- Undertaking financial analysis and data analytics, with business intelligence as appropriate.
- Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the agreed contract;
- Attend client meetings as required and work with clients to understand their needs, interpret requirements and respond as appropriate;
- Provide advice and guidance to team members on the structuring of accounting records and achievement of reporting goals;
- Ensuring all necessary Quality Assurance reviews have been undertaken and signed off before issue; and
- Assist in internal and external audits of financial information, procedures and controls.
- Individual and team based targets; and
- Assists the Manager to manage within budget and minimises overhead spend.
Clients and Business Development
- Manages existing Client relationships;
- Builds own network internally and externally;
- Able to work on a broad range of projects, referring to senior colleagues/ external specialists on highly unusual or technical issues;
- Specialist in one aspect of own discipline. Broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines; and
- Enhances BNP Paribas Real Estate‘s reputation through successful delivery.
Systems and Process
- Evaluates, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures; and
- Participates in the selection, testing and implementation of new systems features to support accounting operations and is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects.
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience of working within an accounting team within in a property management or similar environment;
- Qualified or part qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA) or qualified through experience. GCSE level qualifications including Maths and English;
- Experience in bookkeeping, internal and external financial reporting, financial operations and associated processes and controls
- Tenacious, presentable, assertive, adaptable, self-aware and self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a professional manner;
- Conscientious and highly focussed, with detailed understanding of accounting and an appreciation of data protection issues;
- Understanding of accounting techniques, including general ledger transactions would be an advantage;
- Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines;
- Commercially astute, innovative and solutions oriented;
- Organised and methodical, able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively, whilst also able to manage multiple projects; and
- Good skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Experience of property management and accounting packages for managing agents (ideally Trace Tramps, or similar packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon) would be a distinct advantage.
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Health & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work.
- Financial: Pension, company, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.