BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The Procurement activity at Group Strategic Sourcing (at Group and Entity level) supports the Entities of BNP Paribas Group in the process of buying goods and services to get the best combination of quality, cost, risks and delivery time. Its mandate covers all the Group external expenses. The Procurement activity of BNP Paribas Group's main tasks are to meet the needs of the businesses/entities in terms of external spending while ensuring the best cost-quality-time for the Group, optimizing these external costs and guarantee the security of the supplier relationship.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a senior buyer in the Procurement Operations team, your mission is to operate on the internal clients’ behalf, the buying of goods and services (Consulting, IT Services, Equipment, Software, etc.), ensuring the respect of regulation and BNP Paribas’ standards, applying category sourcing strategy and achieving savings target.
Your main activities are:
- Support your clients (French BNP Paribas entities) in their purchasing requests, on an ongoing basis and ensure client satisfaction (quality, costs, processing time)
- Coordinate RFP (Request for Proposal) processes and analyze suppliers’ offers
- Negotiate the best price conditions with the providers and achieve savings target
- Prepare application contracts and ensure compliance with regulation, BNP Paribas’ standards and framework contracts
- Contribute to the improvement of procurement processes and tools
Education level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (>= 3 years), Master’s degree is a plus (>=5 years)
Experience level: At least 4 years in professional experience in Procurement related activities or similar roles (sales, IT, finance, operations, administration, etc.)
Language: French is mandatory (at least B1 level - intermediate), knowledge of English (A2 accepted)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge in procurement or buying activities within a large multinational company/environment is a strong plus
- Being at ease with reading and managing contracts
- Good understanding of IT job types is a plus
Behavioural & transversal skills:
- Availability and customer orientation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability for negotiation
- Rigor and excellent attention to details
- Strong organizational skills
- Dynamic and proactive attitude
Available up to 2 months of training abroad
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.