Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for sentiment analysis, text mining, conducting complex analytical projects and providing project oversight; assist with ad-hoc projects, and create industry benchmarking analyses for the Digital Banking group.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages data gathering efforts with internal and external business partners.
- Analyze data and digital reports to derive business insights to improve digital experience.
- Partner with product and business managers to establish, capture and monitor metrics to track business results.
- Interprets complex analysis and develops presentations for senior management.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as an analytics and business insights expert.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Statistical background to interpret data correctly
At least 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Mid-to-high level SQL skills (preferably Oracle)
- Business acumen to partner with product owners and identify data-driven business insights.
- Able to understand what the data is saying and communicate insights to nontechnical business partners
- Experience using Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics to create and interpreting reports.
- Team lead experience
· Bachelor's Degree Economics, Math, Accounting, or applicable field
· Strong data collection, research and quantitative skills
· Knowledge of the banking and financial services industries
· Ability to summarize complex information into simple to understand information
· Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
· Ability to self-motivate and a desire to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Will be responsible for discerning client’s explicit and implicit needs. Will be responsible for writing standard systems development lifecycle business deliverables.
· Problem solving skills. Examples: Must be able to understand a business problem from the client’s perspective and propose potential solutions. The ability to visualize how existing technology solutions could be changed / leveraged to meet future needs would be a plus.
· Attention to detail, as well as the ability to see the “big picture”
· Flexibility/ Adaptability
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations