In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• To beef up the supply chain financing solutions team with IT Business Analyst, for subject matter expertise in Supply Chain Financing domain to deliver efficient and innovative solutions for global IT platform stability, business growth and operational efficiency.
• To work with Product Managers and Operation users from all the regions (APAC/EMEA/NAR/India/Indonesia) on the requirements gathering and to deliver end to end impact analysis and functional solutions for the platform enhancements as well as for production issues.
• To ensure the business/operational objectives of the new business requirements are well defined via:
• Performing systematic business analysis,
• Validating business requirements to align with business/operations needs as well as IT architecture and security standards.
• Designing functional solutions & user workflows and documenting Functional Specifications.
• To walkthrough requirement and proposed solutions to all stakeholders and get it reviewed and signoff.
• To develop SIT/UAT/NRT scope and approach. To guide Testing team in writing test scenarios/cases and review to get signoff from stakeholders. To rationalize test cases when needed to match with available resources and target timeline.
• To validate SIT test results produced by testing team to signoff.
• To assist users in planning/executing UAT, analyzing defects, and defining defects priority for fix delivery by development team.
• Documenting/reviewing user manuals and release notes as required
• Assist in providing tactical/strategic solutions for new client requirements
• Assist in the conversion/migration exercise where necessary
• For production defects, perform functional analysis and propose solutions.
• Ensure Bank compliance policies and CIB ITO APAC standards/practices are strictly followed.
• To participate in technical design reviews and contribute to improve overall solution offered.
• To proactively initiate or involve in continuous functional quality improvement initiatives.
• To share expertise by providing training and knowledge sharing sessions to improve capabilities of Business Analyst team.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Minimum 12 years of experience in Corporate Banking environment with last 3-4 years as supply chain Finance & Payments domain Business Analyst.
• Strong functional & business analysis skills with ability to communicate and bridge between business/operations & IT.
• Good functional experience in Supply Chain Financing/Trade/Electronic invoicing applications covering client facing (eBanking) applications as well as back Office applications.
• Familiar with standard formats such as CSV, XML, SWIFT, EDIFACT, ISO20022 & data transformations.
• Hands-on experience with data points mapping for interfaces design with other applications.
• Good knowledge of API/H2H based integration for B2B and B2C applications.
• Good team player with great commitment and attitude.
• Good communication and coordination skill among multiple teams that are cross cultural and cross country.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team to resolve issues and/or identify solutions in a timely manner.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Graduate degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Waterfall and agile scrum projects environment
• IT Design and development exposure in Java/J2EE based multi-tier server architecture projects is a definite plus.
• Oracle SQL hands on knowledge is preferred along with excellent understanding of data modelling.