At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the management of selected Large Accounts and prospects of a respective Division within CCB (Corporate & Commercial Banking), the Senior Banker will be the senior interface with the client at the most senior levels. Will develop and clearly define a Relationship Strategy for each assigned account and be responsible for the execution of the strategy. Will work closely with existing senior relationship managers and the unit Manager as well as seasoned BOW product specialists to maximize cross sell and fee income opportunities. In addition, will understand and deliver BNPP capabilities to Large Accounts by working effectively with our BNPP partners. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex commercial banking group relationships as applicable to the line of business.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Serves as primary contact with assigned Large Accounts as well as designated Large Account prospects for all of their financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on growing the revenue base of existing Large Accounts followed by the sourcing of selected new accounts.
- Creates a relationship strategy for each client based on identified business needs and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include, but is not limited to, Cash Management, Syndications, Capital Markets and BNPP product capabilities. Responsible for Budgeting, forecasting and the execution of revenue growth targets.
- Coordinates and interacts with the senior relationship manager, unit manager, product partners, senior management and CC&R to drive revenue growth through the implementation of the relationship strategy.
- Creates and updates the Relationship Template for each Client on a quarterly basis and keeps deal team members informed of strategic shifts or important news.
- Conducts internal annual reviews with the deal team to review and adjust strategy as needed. Conducts an annual external review with the relevant deal team members and client to review and adjust strategy as needed.
- Manages existing portfolio, stays informed on their condition and is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires leadership knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
- High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.
- Well versed in commercial banking products.
- Understanding of the capital markets and their relevance to clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related