At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Work Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks.
A primary focus for this position will be to contribute to the audit execution covering the end-to-end processes of auditable entities within Compliance, Retail, Wealth, Finance and Operations with a particular focus on Wealth Management and Trust. The individual will work closely with team members to complete each phase of the audit as well as have regular interactions with process and control owners, management of business units, and accountable executives to effectively communicate audit results. The individual will validate the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations. In addition, the individual will prepare, update, or review risk assessments and complete continuous risk monitoring for assigned auditable entities. The Senior Auditor III will be reporting to the Audit Director of Compliance, Retail, Wealth, Finance and Operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops a risk-based approach covering auditable entities within the Compliance, Retail, Wealth, Finance and Operations with a particular focus on Wealth Management and Trust
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluation, testing, and reporting
- Demonstrates a strong ability to develop and execute assigned audit testing procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision
- Drafts audit findings that are impactful and concisely captures the weaknesses identified by Inspection’s review and testing
- Reviews the suitability and sufficiency of management remediation plans and key points for closure to address the identified weaknesses
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audits
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of implemented business corrective actions to address audit recommendations
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Requires solid knowledge of audit, Wealth Management, and Trust administration and operations typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- License(s) or Certifications in CFIRS (Certified Fiduciary Investment and Risk Specialists), FINRA Securities Licenses, CIA, CISA, CPA, CAMS, and/or CRCM - Preferred
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day deliverables, developing solutions based upon subject expertise, and occasionally representing the department at a broader level
- Maintains current on industry developments in affected areas of assigned responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field
Benefits: Visit https://www.bankofthewest.com/about-us/careers/benefits.html for benefits information.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.