At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Senior Auditor II – Wealth Management/Trust
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Auditor II – Wealth Management/Trust is primarily responsible for audit execution on Wealth Management/Trust administration and operations, but may be called upon to support other audits including, but not limited to, Corporate Compliance, Finance, and Bank Operation.
The individual will work closely with audit assignment team members to complete each phase of the audit. The individual will have regular interactions with team members, process / control owners, and management of business units. The Senior Auditor II will be reporting to a Senior Audit Manager of Compliance, Wealth Management, Retail, Finance and Operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
2. Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
3. Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
4. Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
5. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
6. Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
7. Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge
8. Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field
- Required license(s) or certification(s) CFIRS (Certified Fiduciary Investment & Risk Specialists) - in progress; preferred: CIA, CISA, CPA, and/or CRCM
- Years of functional/professional experience: Minimum years of audit and/or Wealth Management/Trust administration and operations experience: Typically 4+ years
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in the following:
Trust Audit Activities
Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC requirements); real estate; trust tax; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.