At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Auditor II is primarily responsible audit execution on areas of assigned audit responsibilities.
A primary focus for this position will be to contribute to the audit execution covering the end-to-end processes of auditable entities within Compliance, Retail, Wealth, Finance and Operations with a focus on Regulatory Compliance (non-BSA/AML/OFAC/Sanctions). The individual will work closely with audit assignment team members to complete each phase of the audit. This will entail documenting walk-throughs of in-scope processes; assessing the sufficiency and suitability of controls to mitigate the risks; developing audit procedures; testing the operating effectiveness and sustainability of controls; and drafting findings and associated recommendations to address the identified gaps in the control environment. The individual will have regular interactions with team members, process / control owners, and management of business units. The Senior Auditor will be reporting to a Senior Audit Manager of Compliance, Retail, Wealth, Finance and Operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
Other Job Duties
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in the following: Banking laws and regulations (non BSA/AML/OFAC/Sanctions)
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Audit