At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Auditor II is primarily responsible audit execution on areas of assigned audit responsibilities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
BSA/AML Regulations: CTR, SAR, Monetary Instruments, 314a/314b, Travel Rule, Transactions Monitoring, Sanctions; FFEIC Handbook.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Requires 4+ years of functional/professional experience in BSA/AML administration and operations experience
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field
CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) - in progress; preferred: CIA, CISA, CPA, and/or CRCM
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in one or more of the following: Bank Audit Activities Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management Activities Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
- Trust Audit Activities Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC requirements); real estate; trust tax; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Audit