At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Auditor II is primarily responsible audit execution on areas of assigned audit responsibilities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrable strengths in one or more of the following: Bank Audit Activities Banking laws and regulations; region and branch banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury (including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned); expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC requirements); related systems; etc.
- Credit and Counterparty Activities Commercial and industrial lending; commercial real estate; trade finance; consumer lending; financial statement analysis; loan underwriting and structure; valuation; highly-leverage transactions; accounting standards; Uniform Commercial Code; capital markets and other non-traditional credit areas including off-balance sheet credit risk; etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management Activities Enterprise Risk Management practices for large, complex banking organizations (LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model risk governance and management; operational risk; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs; etc.
- IT Audit Activities Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) requirements; application development and maintenance; computer operations; technical services; communications; information security (including system access control software, firewalls and encryption); end user computing (including Internet, local and wide area networks, client server technology, and PCs); contingency planning; operating systems (including associated program products); database structures and access methods; system analysis and design; programming and data extract languages and techniques; etc.
- Trust Audit Activities Common law and trust regulations; account administration (including ERISA requirements); operations; investment management; mutual funds (including SEC requirements); real estate; trust tax; financial reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements, GAAP, and SEC requirements); related systems; etc.
- Technology Support Responsible for providing development and technical support on the key applications for the Inspection Group as well as acting as the primary technology liaison for the Inspection Group with the Bank and BNPP Inspection Generale (IG). The successful candidate will have a solid VBA development background, strong understanding of the Bank’s technical infrastructure, and a desire and aptitude to learn and deploy new technologies; etc.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Audit