Senior Audit Leader - Model Risk Audit (Including Data Analytics)
Bank of the West’s Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The Senior Audit Leader is primarily responsible for reviewing quantitative model documentation used at the Bank and the related model validation reports and model performance reports to ascertain whether the Bank’s standards as well as regulatory expectation set forth in SR11-7 for model development, validation, implementation, use, and performance monitoring are sufficiently met. The Senior Audit Leader will formally document their assessment, issue audit findings/recommendations as needed, and participate in the validation of model related findings. This individual will be exposed to a variety of models used across the Bank and requires deep working knowledge and experience in model development and validation. The Senior Audit Leader will also consider data sources feeding audited models and coordinate related review as necessary with Inspection’s data governance personnel.
Our employees are predominantly based in San Ramon, with San Francisco being an option.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs independent and objective evaluations of the adequacy, sufficiency and suitability of the Bank's quantitative model development, validation, performance monitoring, and internal and governance controls.
2. Manages audit projects and execute audits which consists of planning, evaluating, investigating, reporting, reviewing, and supervising; annual audit planning, continuous monitoring and risk assessments over model risk management; and monitoring and verification of auditee management's resolution of audit findings.
3. Delivers high quality audit results and well-crafted audit report deliverables on time.
4. Ensures that audit activities comply with Inspection Group standards. Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
5. Supervises, directs, mentors, and evaluates assigned project resources, but does not have any direct reports.
6. Provides model risk management audit expertise on integrated audit assignments with the compliance, credit, risk management, and operations teams. Coordinates review of data streams feeding models.
7. Maintains effective and professional relationships with Bank Senior Management.
8. Maintains effective and professional relationships with Bank audit clients; managers and staff of the Bank's public accountants; representatives of federal and state regulatory agencies; and others dealt with in a professional capacity.
9. Maintains current on industry developments affecting areas of assigned responsibility.
10. Work with team management to continually evolve and improve existing processes.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field - Required; Master’s in a quantitative degree, preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications in CIA, CISA, and CPA - Preferred
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 5 - 7 years minimum prior model development and validation experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.