Senior Audit Leader - Data Analytics (Enterprise Risk Managment)
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Senior Audit Leader – Data Analytics (Enterprise Risk Management)
Job Description Summary
Bank of the West’s Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. We offer compelling feedback that inspires the Bank to meet and exceed key initiatives.
The Senior Audit Leader-Data Analytics is responsible for contributing to models-based audit projects and integrated audits. Example areas of focus include asset-liability management, credit loss, anti-money laundering, and incentive compensation. Ideal candidates are top performers with high potential.
Our employees are based predominantly in San Ramon and San Francisco.
The role offers:
· A dynamic environment to demonstrate your technical knowledge, analyze large data sets and databases to support IG assignments, and further expand upon your data analytics acumen.
· Collaborate with the data owners to verify that the data sourced/used follows Compliance, access management and Bank’s control policies, and that IG assurance requirements are met
· Apply and build data analytics tests based on walkthroughs with the IG team, including assembling requirements as well as performing necessary analytics
· Apply conceptual thinking through synthesis of facts, theories, trends, inferences, and key issues and/or themes in complex and variable situations, to solve a diverse range of business problems
· Diagnose problems from multiple angles, using formal problem-solving tools and techniques
· Seek out opportunities to improve, streamline, reinvent work processes through data driven solutions. In addition, explore and evaluate numerous potential solutions, maintaining balance between innovation and pragmatism when determining the best approach
· Demonstrate personal commitment to change through actions and words, and mobilize others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty
· Display your good communication through conversing with, writing strategic documents and creating/delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
· Consistently foster collaboration and respect among Team members by addressing elements of the group process that impedes, or could impede the group from reaching its goal
· Educate the organization both from data and analytics perspectives on new industry/technology approaches and developments, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results
· Proactively engage the IG Team to find opportunities to leverage technology and analytics in connection with risk assessment and audit execution processes
The Senior Audit Leader – Data Analytics will report to the ERM Senior Audit Manager
Other Essential Job Functions
1. Contributes to continuous monitoring activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters that may impact audit cycles
2. Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable entities for supervisory review.
3. Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory review.
4. Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking, and/or product knowledge.
5. Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and procedures.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or another related field
· Relevant experience in consulting or the finance/banking industry, with 5 or more years of relevant quantitative and qualitative data and analytics experience
· Proficiency in quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics
· Proven data analytics skills including: data mining, interpreting results, working with statistics, trends, etc.
· Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages such as R and SQL
· Experience in using data visualization products and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
· Strong problem solving skills with a positive personality and can-do attitude
· Very good verbal and written level of English with the ability to effectively communicate with partners
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner in both written and verbal presentations across all levels of management
· Understanding of the importance of handling risk and quality on data projects
· Expert knowledge of good data management practice and relevant regulations (e.g. BCBS239) is a plus
· A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Required/preferred License(s) or Certifications: CIA, CISA, CPA, DCAM, CIMP, CDS
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.