Senior Associate - Transactions
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
Perform the processing (40%) and checking (60%) of all the transactions for dedicated clients in the Fund accounting system in respect with our internal procedures and International Standards such as ISAE3402.
In his/her mission, the Transaction Officer will have to often liaise with :
- Middle Office activities between Trade Support Brussels (listed instruments) and Trade Support Paris (OTC instruments).
- Fund accounting team (Lux, Chennai or any other location)
- Other Transaction teams in KOP and Chennai
- Internal departments (Custody, TA, FDS etc…)
The transaction officer will be involved in all projects impacted by the transaction team as such as :
- New client On boarding
- New sub fund launching
- New instrument dealing
- Changes in workflow
- Perform the processing of all the transactions for dedicated clients in the Fund accounting system in respect of our procedures and the ISAE3402 standard:
- Ensure the Zero Default quality
- Ensure that reconciliations are performed
- Ensure that a second level of control is performed on all manual transactions
- Ensure the controls of OTC pricing
- Respond to queries on time raised by person in charge of an action in the NAV Cycle
- Respect our clients Net Asset Value publication cut off’s
The Transaction Officer will have to liaise with Middle Office activities between Trade Support Brussels (listed instruments) and Trade Support Paris (OTC instruments).
By analyze OTC valuation and events on OTC and coordinate in case of issues. Regarding listed transactions the transaction officer will liase with Bruxelles MO in case of discrepancies.
- Understand the operational and financial risks related the fund accountant mission:
- By using the “Self Risk Assessment” documents. Inform immediately your manager when an error has been discovered or in case of a problem affecting our client duties
- Year End closing and Audit:
Ensure support provided to make available the documents in due time for the auditors.
- Participate in maintaining high standards in terms of quality of our internal relationship
- Provide professional answers within the agreed standards defined
- Participate in projects
Provide support during project such as funds migration, funds merger, launch of new funds or liquidations, …
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Assist the good operation of the team:
- Improvement of the procedures
- Highlight changes in defined workflow to seniors, if any.
- Teaching of the juniors and the new staff
- Ensure the archiving of the NAV supporting documents
- Accept meetings delegation from the manager
- Ensure any procedural changes highlighted and documented on priority
The transaction officer will have the opportunity to communicate (by phone and by email) with fund accounting teams, Middle Office departments in different countries.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Knowledge on Capital Markets and it’s various market products.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years