About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Prime Solutions and Financing (PS&F) business leverages the banks experienced global team with in-depth market knowledge to provide execution, clearing and financing solutions across asset classes to both Institutional and Hedge fund clients. The Risk Management function within PS&F manages the client financing risk for the business across regions.
The Risk Management team manages the portfolio risk for the business and the amount of leverage that we can offer clients. The team works in close collaboration with other functions within the business (such as sales, securities lending, client management) and with transversal teams such as Credit Risk and Market Risk – 2nd Line of Defense teams. The team in Mumbai will support the desk in effectively managing the client financing risk for the business. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
- Assess, monitor and review portfolio risk; look for changes in strategies/asset mix in client portfolios and identify drivers, trends etc.
- Liaise with the Credit and Market RISK teams in understanding and enhancing the stress methodologies, implement the methodologies in front office risk tools, coming up with various scenario analysis etc.
- Automation tools for risk monitoring; analyzing internal and external client performance, crowding metrics across various dimensions; manage/execute adhoc projects for the risk team.
- Generate accurate risk summaries at position/client account/regional and global level for risk monitoring.
- Analyze major swings in client portfolio and escalate them to management.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Graduate degree in mathematics or engineering with strong analytical skills. Knowledge of finance is a bonus.
- Experience in Python programming, SQL and analytical tools (Tableau etc.) is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, show initiative to engage with teams spread across regions.
- Attention to detail, ability to raise problems immediately to the broader team when necessary
- Experience in Statistics, Data Science would be beneficial.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 1 year