Portfolio Reconciliation Controls
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The Collateral Management Group compares the Net Present Value of the portfolio of trades between BNP Paribas and its counterparties on a daily (or as specified) basis and ensure that this exposure is sufficiently collateralized.
Portfolio Reconciliation is a risk mitigation technique whereby counterparty’s exchange trade details and a reconciliation of key economic terms, including valuation is performed.
The evolving Regulatory landscape will require further reconciliations as part of dispute prevention associated with Bi-lateral Initial Margin exchange based on risk sensitivity calculations.
Mumbai (Infinity IT Park)
Business Line / Function:
Global Market Operations
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNPP performs portfolio reconciliation as a risk mitigation technique for dispute resolution and to be in line with regulatory requirements of EMIR.
Process requires working with clients, Middle Office, P&L and risk team along with key stakeholders across the bank to report / resolve issues.
The controls function within Portfolio Reconciliation is responsible for ensuring key aspects of the reconciliation process are performed. Controls is also responsible for working with key stakeholders across the bank to report / resolve issues where necessary to minimize counterparty risk and ensuring EMIR compliance.
- Controllers are responsible for performing key reviews on ageing discrepancies meeting specific size / age criteria – following up with Analysts on next actions and ensuring that appropriate actions have been performed and /or have been determined for resolution.
- Presenting findings to the management during meetings.
- Responsible for monthly reporting to regulators in line with EMIR requirements. This includes performing monthly review of reportable items with key stakeholders across the bank.
- Ownership of Collateral Dispute Committee Documentation which requires working with Risk / Front Office to review CSA level / trade level disputes and providing a clear status to allow next steps for resolution to be determined.
- Ownership of walking new counterparties through the requirements for bi-lateral portfolio reconciliation allowing a smooth on-boarding into Tri-Optima before handing it over to production team.
- Working on PV Difference Controls Reports and is also responsible for reviewing PV differences as part of EMIR reconciliation or margin call dispute driven reconciliation.
- Performing additional high level analysis on Booking / cash flows / FX / discounting / validation of Bid-offer prior to reaching out to Front Office / Valuations teams for further analysis.
- Working on developing and implements new controls / processes based on Business/ Risk / Industry evolution to better support the risk management needs of BNPP.
- Performing of Risk Factor Reconciliations associated with Regulatory requirement to exchange Initial Margin.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong Communication skills required for an effective liaison with counterparties and internal stakeholders to the reconciliation process. (Middle offices, marketers, traders, credit, compliance and legal)
- Knowledge of derivative products (Credit, Interest Rate, FX , Equities)
- Strong knowledge of Trade Life Cycle.
- Experience in Portfolio Reconciliation Operations, Collateral Management Operations or another Middle Office Operation functions within Investment Banking is favorable.
- Understanding of EMIR Requirements with regards to Portfolio Reconciliation.
- Experience of Tri-Optima platform favorable.
- Basic Excel skills required.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)