Senior Associate - ISPL Operations OPC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets Function at BNP Paribas facilitates Securities Services for Corporate and Institutional Clients. We provide Sales, Trading, Research and Strategy, FX Prime Brokerage, Local Markets coverage and Electronic Trading to a plethora of clients across the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA regions. We offer a global and cross-asset platform for securities financing through repo or prime services, for both listed and OTC clearing services and for execution of listed derivatives. We also provide our investors with access to commodities through various investment strategies and structured solutions.
Operations Permanent Control
Business Line / Function:
Global Markets OPC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Operating entities organize their Operational Risk Management and their Permanent Control framework on a risk based approach. The intensity of the framework and its governance should be commensurate to the materiality of the entity and its operational risk exposure.
In order to achieve this, designated Operational Permanent Controllers manage all Operational Risks and Permanent Controls under the authority of the Head of the Operating Entity.
The OPC also coordinates the entity’s Operational and Permanent Control framework related to all operational risks front-to-back and end-to-end, to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines as well as external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
· Ensure effective execution of Controls over Operational activities performed by Global Market Operations.
· Define and regularly update the entity’s control plan according to the outcome of the risk assessment, regulations, and other risk events.
· Identification and assessment of risks and controls. (Risk and Control Self-Assessment)
· Organize the follow-up of the findings and recommendations, either issued internally (e.g. Internal Audit supervision) or externally. (external auditors, supervisors)
· Analyze impacts and report incidents in the Group database and initiate/follow up the implementation of remediation actions.
· Ensure appropriate training and awareness on Operational Risks are provided to employees.
· Coordinate and provide support to the driving of committees that ensure continuous adherence of the OE to policies, by reviewing Control Results, Key Performance Indicators and ensuring escalation of any potential gaps in the process.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· University Graduate / Post Graduate / MBA with good knowledge of Capital Markets/Investment Banking products.
· Relevant working experience in Treasury Operations will be an advantage
· Strong Treasury (FXMM/ Rate / Bonds) products & operations process knowledge.
· Experience with Pre/Post Settlement process.
· Knowledge of FXMM/ Derivatives/Equity products.
· Excellent MS skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
· Ability to grasp knowledge and demonstrates good application skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to own tasks with limited supervision
· Fluent oral and written communication.
· Good comprehension, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Analytical approach towards problem solving.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)