About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function:
Global Markets Operations Corporate Actions, Incomes and Taxes Department is part of the transversal functions within ITO and is acting as a central interlocutor regarding Corporate Actions, both for Fixed Income and EQD Solutions.
EQD is a dedicated Business Line for Equity Derivatives and Financing Solutions within BNP PARIBAS Group and a major player within CIB.
Fixed Income is specialized in G10et Credit repo financing transactions on debts and bonds assets.
Within Global Markets Operations pole, the Corporate Actions Department is specialized in the analysis and the management of the corporate events affecting listed assets (mainly securities products).
It is in charge of the notification and the coordination for the EQD and Fixed Income industries of any impact of these events during the overall lifecycle. In this way, the Department is providing its services for any impacted trade involving Trading, Clients and/or Counterparties.
Job Title:Senior Associate
Global Markets Operations - Corporate Actions
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Primary responsibilities of the team includes:
- Monitoring Corporate Actions in all reliefs and identification of eligible global positions
Follow-up of events’ announcements, forecast and deadlines leading to an efficient management regarding scrubbing, notifications and bookings in our general books and recording systems
- Managing the election process for voluntary events by interacting with other internal support functions, compiling aggregated instruction to be sent to agents/custodians and ensure good receipt.
- Strict follow-up of the expected proceeds/results at payment date, and follow-up controls in regards to theoretical bookings and forecast assumptions that may leave with breaks on internal or external reconciliations.
- Acting as a central point of contact for Corporate actions operations subject matters within BNP Paribas (across all functions) and outside (Custodians, Counterparties)
- Scrubbing and set up of Corporate Actions in operating systems (e.g. Picasso)
- Monitoring of Corporate Actions in all reliefs and identification of eligible global positions (Settled/Pending trades, SLAB)
- Permanent follow-up of events’ announcements, forecast and deadlines leading to an efficient management regarding scrubbing, notifications and bookings in our general books and recording systems (e.g. Calypso, Power, Picasso tools)
- Manage the election process for voluntary events in close relations with other teams of the GM CAIT department, compile aggregated instruction to be sent to agents/custodians and ensure good receipt.
- Strict follow-up of the expected proceeds/results at payment date, and follow-up controls in regards to theoretical bookings and forecast assumptions that may leave with breaks on internal or external reconciliation
- Acting as a central point of contact for Corporate actions operations subject matters within BNP (across all functions) and outside (Custodian, Counterparties) and as an expert on Corporate Actions for client and business services.
- Ability to manage any Corporate Actions type on the overall scope of the team and to become expert on specific market rules
- Provide a regular report to his/her hierarchy and being pro-active during all recurrent meetings (morning, weekly meetings, etc.)
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Monitors and take appropriate actions in case of market risks (buy ins)
- By seeking to improve STP rates at our custodians so reducing cost, by updating static data as and when necessary
- By reducing the number of manual instructions sent to agents therefore reducing cost, manual intervention and settlement risk according to Compliance rules
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with domestic agents and custodians
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Capacity to analyze, organize and report efficiently.
- Flexibility on working methods and changing international environment.
- Rigorous and reactive in order to face pressure and reach excellence anytime
- Diligently follow the set procedures and Compliance policies
- Knowledge of financial markets and products, and easiness/expertise in dealing with Excel.
- Risk aware
- Client oriented
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Result oriented
- Good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Must be fluent in English
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to manage a project
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Operations Management
Those who work in Operations Management roles are essential to the smooth-running of our Group, and work consistently to satisfaction to our clients and teams. These roles offer stimulating careers that combine efficiency with a strong collaborative spirit.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.