Senior Associate – Financial Control
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We collaborate with various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
BNPP ISPL Financial Control is a support function of BNPP India Solutions. The function is responsible to manage the affairs of a corporate finance function in dealing with aspects of accounts and book keeping, managing cash flow and fund flow planning, regulatory compliance encompassing the corporate finance function, financial controls and keeping the ISPL CEO and Board updated of the financial affairs of the company. The functions ensures that the processes pertaining to generation and receipt of revenue, payment of expenses, controls on finance processes and compliance with applicable laws and statutes are adhered to and interests of the company safeguarded at all times.
Senior Associate – Financial Control
08th May, 2019
ISPL Financial Control
Business Line / Function:
Manager / AVP – Financial Control
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Senior Associate – Financial Control will be part of the overall Financial Control team he/she shall be responsible to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the functions are undertaken as per designed processes and resultant controls are carried out in order to demonstrate high levels of personal integrity in the conduct of the affairs of the function.
The person acts as a team player by undertaking the tasks for the functions and hence thereby, assisting the manager / AVP to effectively manage the function to carry out the activities as planned.
1. Preparation of financials on a monthly basis
2. Assist in review and signoff of various activities related to monthly closing
3. Raising of Invoices and Advance Invoices.
4. Cost Centre allocation to vendor invoices on Basware and forwarding for further approvals, along with handling foreign currency remittances where applicable.
5. Providing month end Accruals for expenses to Accounts Payable and Dummy Allocation Keys.
6. Undertaking month end revenue accruals
7. Maintaining Invoice Register, Fund Status, etc.
8. Follow-up of un-reconciled items in Bank Reconciliation Statement.
9. Liaise with bankers and provide them the disposal instructions for inward remittances
10. To contribute in various projects undertaken on an ongoing basis.
1. Assisting in preparation of Annual Budgets and Forecasts of the Company
2. Preparation of variance reports on actual vis-à-vis budget / forecast of the Company
3. To assist in Compliance towards statutory renewals, registrations, etc.
4. Attending to routine and ad-hoc requests for data from Senior Management.
1. Accounting Norms and Procedure
2. Indian GAAP, IFRS and Group guidelines
1. Good MS Office skills, largely in MS Excel.
2. Excellent managerial abilities.
3. Analytical skills, leadership qualities, eye for detail.
4. Presentation skills, confident in approach.
5. Communication skills & ability to manage stress
Chartered Accountant (CA) with 2 to 3 years of post-qualification experience in relevant industry
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)