Cash PB – APAC Trade Support
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporate and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Markets Operations team ensures that Security transactions (Bonds, Equities, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo.) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, match the commitment actually taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
BNP Paribas Securities Corp. is a prime broker that provides a wide range of services to hedge funds including secured financing, securities settlement, custody, capital introduction, securities lending and custom information technology. Cash PB Client Services team act as SPOC for the clients and bank’s internal teams to resolve issues pertaining to the transactions (Bonds, Equities, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo..) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
Global Markets Operations – Securities settlements
Business Line / Function:
Cash PB – Client Services
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Primary responsibilities of the team includes:
- To support the Cash PB business
- Monitoring the daily Trade Spills for global clients within Cash PB Business.
- Mitigation of operational risk by amending and resolving the trade breaks.
- Performing post trades processes ensuring correctness of client's allocation.
- Timely sending of confirmations
- Static Data maintenance.
- Liaising with Front Office to follow-up on settlement
- Comply daily job tasks with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities.
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud , by helping to devise, and by implementing
- ,sufficient regular controls. Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance
- as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- Liaison with the IT and related parties for the new project or enhancement requirement
- Contribute to the minimisation of settlement costs & operational risk:
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Escalate when and follow up as appropriate with clients and other internal teams in case of market risks (buy-ins)
- If necessary, using the escalation process when operational risk is detected
- Contribute to the overall successful running of the settlement department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with domestic agents and custodians
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Management skill
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and strong client focus
- Multicultural awareness
- Risk awareness and attention to detail
- Analytical and result oriented
- Strong organization skills and rigorous
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years