Senior Associate - Banking Service Operations (Settlements)
Chennai & Mumbai
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
role of an Associate / Associate L1 in the Local Settlements team requires
the person to facilitate settlement of Client trades in the relevant
Settlement Centre. The role has a weightage attached to it as the person will
have to possess good knowledge of the Trade life cycle & the Clearing and
Settlement activity. The person forms the core of the team by performing
critical activities that aid in trade settlement. This role gives the
opportunity to learn about different markets, the products offered and the nature
of settlement. This position serves as a base to master the Clearing &
· Capturing of client instructions into Settlement system without any error.
· Keeping clients posted on the latest status of their trades with BNP.
· Placing the client’s trades into respective markets to enhance the settlements.
· Liaising with the counterparties and various other internal and external stakeholders to enhance the process of settlement.
· Settled positions need to be accounted properly in the client accounts and appropriate reconciliation need to done.
· Cash and positions control checks should be always kept as top priority.
· Calculation of client margins and posting of the same need to be adhered.
· Support the team and other team members in participating in cross training and providing support and coverage during busy periods.
· Idea generation that will enable to simplify the process.
· Contribute to update the procedures in line with the current process.
· Should understand the process map and gain knowledge about the pre and post settlement activities.
· Active participation in any testing activity for the process enhancement.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong Analytical skills.
· Multi-tasking capability.
· MS Office skills (Excel).
· Interpersonal skills.
· Time management.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Graduates / Post Graduates (B.Com/MBA Finance preferred).
· Candidates should be willing and flexible to work in any shifts.
· Relevant work experience in the Trade settlements / Custody activity.
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Master Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)