Team lead - APAC Regulatory Reporting Support
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Market Operations is a global team, incorporated in 4 main platforms (New-York, London, Hong-Kong and Paris) working very closely with Front Office (FO) (Sales and Trading), Back Office, IT, Finance, Risk, Valuations & Risk Control and Process teams.
Its main missions are to support efficiently the Front Office over the core controls performed post trades:
Trade support, Referential & Corporate Events, P&L, Reporting, Control, Confirmation, Back Office and Settlement, Prime Brokerage, Execution and Brokerage
Global market Operations
Business Line / Function:
APAC Regulatory Reporting Control Team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Perform independent controls in order to strengthen the regulatory reporting control framework
- Perform day-to-day controls on the regulatory reports prior to submission or post submission.
- Perform reconciliation of Regulatory Reports vis a vis source data / other reports and analyze all resulting breaks.
- Communicate breaks to the concerned teams for resolution.
- Follow-up with concerned teams till the resolution of communicated breaks.
Main drivers are client service quality, independent control, operational risk safety and cost efficiency.
APAC/General shift working hours need to be followed.
- Various ITO team in Asia will send regulatory reports to ISPL Team. Various controls will have to be performed on these reports (in a given timeline/cut-off time)
- Each report will have a defined set of controls which could include :
- Variation compared to previous report
- Consistency check across the report (or compared to another report which include same or similar data)
- Reconciliation with another source of Data
- Depending on the breaks, communicate with the ITO team responsible for the data to investigate the breaks.
- Once breaks are resolved or cleared , provide greenlight for submission
- Keep track of all breaks in order to report KPI of daily/weekly activities
- Any delay in the control process need to be reported to the concerned ITO team.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Skills and competencies
· Mandatory - Attention to detail: Ability to ring the bell for any abnormal trade pattern and escalate in timely manner
· Mandatory - Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand the Front to Back workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office
· Mandatory - Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation to Ops and Front Office need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to management.
· Mandatory - Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on the daily production and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
· Analytical mindset: Aptitude to understand the F2B workflows and handle exceptional issues with logical mindsets to communicate with Front Office
· Organized & good resistance to stress: This is a much faced paced dynamic environment; therefore excellent time management and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
· Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo. Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
· Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
· Strong Client Focus: Capacity to work with various clients. Need to be sensitive about the rationale of their requests and be proactive when replying to them. Work as partnership while consistently keeping an independent mindset.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance
· Experience in reconciliation of equity and derivative products
· Knowledge in Financial Products. Knowledge in Front to Back workflows and the product event management would be a significant plus.
· Strong Preference to have MS Excel
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Choose an item.
Choose an item.