Senior Associate - APAC Expense
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner with various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business Line/Function :
Performance Management within Finance Shared Services is responsible for accurate and timely management accounting, reporting and budgeting activities.
Associate/ Senior Associate
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The jobholder will be responsible for local production of timely and accurate management accounting and reporting for Expenses team. He / She will work to ensure the accuracy of financials reported by business line, region and report profitability at a detailed level to facilitate decision support.
All local reporting is performed in accordance with relevant and applicable instructions, requirements within the deadlines set forth, with complete audit trail to follow.
Management Accounting & Control Functions
· Perform reconciliation and control checking between management accounting system & accounting figures; and perform system adjustments for correct management reporting;
· Ensure monthly expenses’ (& related indicators) management reporting to Head Office is completed within pre-set deadlines
· Work closely with regional Meter PMs / Country PMs and Head Office Finance in analyzing business performance;
· Actively participate in the production process of budget and forecast exercises following HO and Regional PM guidelines
· Provide analysis and response to questions raised by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Ensure the figures reported are accurate and compliant with Head Office Management Accounting rules and principles;
· Assist in monthly system parameters checking; update and maintain referential (i.e. mapping tables) for which the team is responsible
· Manage ad hoc assignments as requested by HO Finance / Regional Finance / internal management.
· Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
· Perform necessary controls, raising questions to the senior reporting analysts for further guidance on material issues
· Document and keep procedures for the production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
· Participate in the upgrades / version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments / enhancements required to facilitate new / modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
· Help document operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to support team’s efficiency and effectiveness initiatives. Also, assist in integrating and streamlining the reporting under the team’s responsibility.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Atleast 2 years of experience in a global financial services company
- Prior accounting, management reporting or capital markets experience desirable
- Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Working knowledge and understanding of Smartview/Essbase and MS Access desirable
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to implement relevant and timely controls
Master Degree or equivalent
Atleast 2 years