Job Description – APAC
Business Line / Function:
Risk Monitoring and Management
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The senior will be assisting in monitoring the BAU activities of Alert Management services. He will be serving numerous Institutional Clients and their Portfolio’s in the areas of Compliance Filtering USD control and fraud monitoring pertaining to different markets across the globe. The senior is responsible for interacting with Line Managers and the clients of BNP Paribas Group and needs to provide high quality of service to the internal/external clients to meet the expected service standards.
Senior will validate the daily operations/workflow within the business group and helps the Assistant Manager in achieving the process deliverables. Solid technical understanding of the business, including strong knowledge of the process. Demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement required.
- Should adhere to the set SLA’s and ensure delivery within the agreed timelines.
- Should handle all credit check request/ alerts and Fax instructions within agreed cut-offs.
- Should be a good team player and work closely with all team members
- Should work towards error free processing and cost minimization for the team.
- Should be willing to work under extreme pressure and for extended hours, if job demands
- Dealing with the various internal and external stakeholder effectively and efficiently.
- Carrying out various identification checks to comply with anti-money-laundering regulations and prevent fraud
- Answering client account manager, other internal department queries and handling telephone calls concerning risk-monitoring queries.
- Ensure all the queries handled with utmost care without errors/mistakes and within the TAT.
- Prioritize the work and perform the same with due diligence.
- Taking corrective measures/action in consultation with the Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Escalate unresolved open items to Assistant Manager/Manager notice.
- Maintain Communication Channels with internal peer groups.
- Participate in Cross Training and ensure the Knowledge transfer between the team and three processes.
- Participate in Brain Storming Sessions and share the best practices and ideas with the peer groups and team members.
- Should work closely with all internal departments to resolve conflicts
- Knowledge on compliance laws and swift message types would be an added advantage.
· The senior will report to the Assistant Manager/Team leader/ shift supervisor.
· The position interfaces with other Process Associates, Mid Office Staff, Relationship Managers and Clients.
· The position interfaces with International Team Members of BNP Group and its Clients or Vendors or Sub-Custodians
· Investigate accurately credit Compliance blocks and anti-fraud checks within respective deadlines.
· Interact with both internal and external clients to resolve issues and queries.
· Query resolution in accordance with time frames set out in Client SLA’s / timely basis
· Ensure all errors/break down of procedure are documented as per BNP Paribas policy
· To be based in Chennai and prepared to travel as required
· Based on the experience, He / She should able to identify the loopholes in the process and put stringent controls in place
· Zero error findings on ORPC checks for all fixed activities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· MBA or equivalent degree
· At least 3+ years of experience in a financial organization ideally with knowledge of Settlement related activities -cash.
· Knowledge on Capital Markets instruments and Compliance laws is an added advantage
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· High computer skills
· In depth understanding on all dependent system functionalities
· Trouble shooting skills set to ensure smooth BAU
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
MBA or equivalent degree
At least 3+ years of experience in a financial organization ideally with knowledge of Settlement related activities -cash.
Knowledge on Capital Markets instruments and Compliance laws is an added advantage