With a presence in over 80 countries and employing over 200,000 staff, BNP Paribas is one of the biggest banks in the world, ranking highly in its three core business areas: Retail Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking and Investment Solutions.
BNP Paribas Securities Services
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Securities Services is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of a universal bank (rated AA- by Standard and Poor’s). It has USD 5,800 billion assets under custody, USD 1,000 billion assets under administration and administers close to 7000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services (Securities Services) has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) with 7,700 employees worldwide representing 92 nationalities, a local presence across 34 countries, 22 proprietary local custody and clearing branches and global coverage of over 100 markets.
Securities Services Chennai HubOne of the three international operations centers, BNP Paribas Sundaram Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Our services include custody operations, fund accounting, middle office operations, static data management, IRP and other transversal services.
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Independent delivery of accurate and timely NAVs for hedge funds.
- Independent delivery of accurate and timely NAVs for hedge funds – with extremely high volume or / and very high complexity (having equities, bonds, future, options, CDS, EQS, etc. as holdings) by completing all of the following processes:
o Cash and position reconciliation (accounting vs PB and 3 way); with resolution of breaks
o Income reconciliation (dividends and interest)
o Manual Pricing and Pricing review
o P&L review and Tolerance checks
o Fees accrual, management and performance fee calculation and booking
o Capital bookings and reconciliation with Investor services system reports
o TB tie out and compiling NAV pack
- Could be required to review simpler hedge fund NAVs
- Delivery on audit requests and resolution of all queries on a timely basis
- Participation in system development projects, process change projects, etc.
- Ensure appropriate checks and procedures are followed to maintain high quality deliverables and to avoid internal audit and ISAE findings
- Compliance with all internal organizational and business policies
- Troubleshoot issues of other team members and mentor / coach / buddy them
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Strong hedge fund accounting or hedge fund reconciliation experience (understanding of process and business required).
- Should have deep working knowledge of asset classes like equities, bonds, futures, options and swaps i.e. how they operate in real world.
- Experience on Advent Geneva system would be preferred – an added advantage.
- Decent experience on Microsoft Excel – Pivots, financial functions, etc.
Post-Graduation in Finance (Graduate in Accounting with courses in capital markets may also apply)
Behavioral Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3-4 years