BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering over 90 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2021, BNP Paribas Securities Services had $14.3 trillion in assets under custody, $2.8 trillion in assets under administration, 9,248 funds administered and over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
Department purpose / objectives
The Middle Office department core function is to provide administration activities, which support our clients, start of day position/NAV production.
- Derivative processing
- Client Reporting
- Corporate Actions
- Trade Processing
The Derivatives team is responsible for the end to end trade cycle of Derivative instruments for UK & overseas investments for Institutional Investors, across various product types, including; ETD’s, CFD’s and OTC. The team ensure trades are captured, matched and settled for accurate valuation and timely settlement, resolution of any stock & cash reconciliation breaks, and ongoing interaction with a number of custodians.
The key function of the role is to manage the day to day production activity a team within the department ensuring client commitments are met. You will also support the team manager in managing all aspects of team performance including line management of staff as agreed with the line manager and check and oversee the work of team members.
Client Service Delivery and Controls
- To ensure a high quality client service is delivered to all clients
- Ensure the service level provided by the team adheres to the Client Service Delivery agreements
- Ensure adherence to core standard operating models
- Build strong, professional relationships with clients and be an ambassador for BNP Paribas
- Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support
- Support external counterparty relationships e.g. Brokers, Custodians & Industry bodies
Continuous Improvement & New Business
- Generate ideas for improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and BNP Paribas Securities Service strategic objectives. Support the development and implementation of such improvements.
- Involvement in the design and implementation of resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations
- Innovate & challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program
- Be a subject matter expert in your team.
- Ensure adherence to the risk and control framework to manage risk effectively & efficiently within the team
- Ensure an effective and robust governance structure is in place for the team
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the department procedures and control framework
- Support business contingency plans as required
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate operational risk.
- Ensure that internal and external audit/compliance/risk requirements are met.
- Provide feedback on staff within the team to support their technical and personal development
- Support cross training
- Ensure appropriate T&C oversight within team
Strategy and Governance
- Contribute to raising the profile of the UK branch of BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- Strong experience in a wide range of Derivative products to level of SME
- Strong understanding of NAV and pricing impact of Derivative events
- Strong risk management awareness
- Involvement in or lead on change initiatives
- Strong client service skills
- Strong knowledge of market intermediaries
- Accounting Practices
- Language Skills
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes home working for up to 50% of your contracted hours, a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 10%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.