Senior Accounting Officer – Corporate Accounting and Expenses (m/f/d)
Frankfurt Full-time permanent
BNP Paribas is the leading bank in the European Union and a major player in international banking. It has around 193,000 employees in 68 countries, including almost 148,000 in Europe. The BNP Paribas Group has been active in Germany since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself on the market with 12 business units. We rely not only on the technical expertise in our core businesses, but also on the competencies of our employees, who hold our Group together in higher-level functional units. In Germany, 11 transversal functions of the group are represented. They are responsible for defining standards for our business units, monitoring their implementation and supporting and advising our teams.
The Senior Accounting Officer works in the platform Finance of BNP Paribas SA Germany, within the team Branch Corporate Accounting and Expenses. This team is responsible for corporate accounting and expenses of BNPP SA Germany and BP2S Germany, is also servicing the accounting of other entities such as BNPP Asset Management Germany, BNPP Emissions-und Handelsgesellschaft mbH (“BNPP EHG”), BNPP Pension-Trust GmbH.
Challenges that let you grow:
- Responsible for the accounting activities and the preparation of financial statements of BNPP EHG
- Collaborating with Business line and operations for accurate and timely information required for reporting of BNPP EHG
- Contributing to implementation of automation and continuous improvement of the accounting process of BNPP EHG
- Ensuring quality of reporting towards central bank and other local regulators
- Developing and operating risk based approach financial and operational controls on the processes managed
- Contributing to the tax compliance and ensure controls and documentation when applicable
- Monitoring and ensuring follow up and regularization of outstanding items
- Contribution to other corporate accounting activities
- Participating in transversal initiatives or activities of German branch Finance
Skills that convince:
- Bachelor degree or above Degree
- Proficient knowledge with several years of successful experiences in accounting, financial reporting
- Good knowledge on financial instruments (securities) is a plus
- Proficient knowledge on IFRS and German GAAP
- Knowledge on German taxation (VAT, Income Tax) is a plus
- Organizational skills & attention to details (navigation and analyze through data)
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Fluent in German and English– oral & written
What we offer:
- Modern working environment, including work laptop & mobile for flexible working
- Building (inter)national networks and career prospects within the BNP Paribas Group
- Many benefits for employees, e.g. family service, Jobbike, Jobticket, Sodexo meal vouchers, Occupational pensions & Central location with good public transport connection (benefits may vary by location)
BNP Paribas has committed to the sustainable and forward-looking design of society. Ethical principles, risk awareness and responsibility are the foundations of our day-to-day action. The BNP Paribas Group has set itself the goal of raising awareness, motivating and activating its stakeholders, particularly employees, partners and shareholders, as well as the society on sustainable issues. The Commitment to Diversity has confirmed BNP Paribas with the signing of the Diversity Charter in 2017 and is part of the JamaisSansElles initiative, which promotes women's visibility.
BNP Paribas is the European Union’s leading bank and key player in international banking. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193,000 employees, including almost 148,000 in Europe. The BNP Paribas Group has been active in Germany since 1947 and has successfully positioned itself on the market with twelve entities. Private customers, companies and institutions are looked after by roughly 6,000 employees in all relevant economic regions all over the country. The wide-ranging products and services offered by BNP Paribas are that of an innovative universal bank.
Would you like to help shape a changing world?
Then go with us the next step and apply now via the application button as Head of Financial Synthesis - P&L!
Please contact Janina Müller on +49 (0) 6971938080 as well as by email: recruiting.germany [at] bnpparibas (dot) com.
COVID-19-Update: The safety and well-being of our candidates and our employees have the highest priority. Until travel restrictions change, the interviews will continue to be conducted virtually