Senior accounting control reviewer
Accounting Control Manager (Head of the Department)
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Senior Control Analyst primarily responsible for developing the Accounting Control Framework from the issuance of new controls procedures to implementation and ongoing monitoring of the accounting controls performed by various CIB NA functions.
The Senior Control Analyst coordinates and contributes to the production of standardized controls dashboards/ summary reporting for key risks indicators that are communicated to Finance, Regional and Central CIB Managements. In addition, the Senior Control Analyst acts as a consultant/project leader to assist various CIB Functions in providing short term solutions in mitigating control related issues as well as formation and implementation of long term preventive solutions.
End of accounting period
• review and test the effectiveness of the controls performed by various CIB NA functions
• contribute to monitor the account justification 2nd level review
• contribute to key Group accounting control reporting and ad hoc control memo upon request when an issue is identified
• develop the accounting control framework by reviewing, identifying, and documenting accounting controls in place for CIB NA functions (i.e. Middle Office, Back Office, Accounting)
• contribute to the performance of 2nd level accounting controls on a list of key areas defined by the Standard Accounting Control Group Plan
• ensure the good coordination with the NA team, in particular whenever an accounting issue needs to be addressed
• providing short term solutions for mitigating control related issue as well as formation and implementation of long term preventive solutions
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Accounting degree (with concentrations in audit) - CPA or equivalent required
• 5 years of experience in the external audit of banking and capital market or the experience in the internal audit of accounting controls.
• SOX implementation/review experience would be asset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• solid understanding of financial instruments and developed skills in analysis of business supporting processes from accounting control perspective
• strong organizational skills, rigorous, and self-disciplined
• attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a strong control environment
• good communication skills(i.e. writing, listening, presentation) in English and French
• advanced technical skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• manages pressure and priorities during the closing process
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.