Senior Accountant - M/F - Permanent Contract
BNP Paribas Cardif insures 100 million clients in the world. As the insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas, it aims at being the global benchmark for insurance partnerships and the leading provider of personal insurance solutions.
Our people have extensive know-how and experience that creates tangible added value for marketing, actuarial analysis and data management. We have in-depth understanding of our partner distributors and their industries, allowing us to optimize their insurance offering and the experience they deliver for their customers. Detailed knowledge of our partners also lets us provide support for their sales organizations and management of their networks.
Our Finance Department is currently seeking a Senior Accountant M/F – fluent in English & Portuguese.
The ideal profile must have a strong Portuguese tax law background & at least 5 years of proven experience in accounting. High level of confidentiality and multitasking abilities are also necessary.
Candidate will also have strong communication skills in Portuguese and English. Start date forecasted: October 2019.
- Contribute to a correct preparation, qualitative and on time of the entities in Portugal according the regulation of the group and the regulator having all the documental support in each closing
- Ensure the booking in accounting system of any current cost (namely invoices), by insert in system to be possible to analyze any gap with budget and help to prepare all the necessary reports and justifications.
- Ensure the reporting to accomplish with the norms of the permanent control of the group as well as guarantee the reporting and execution of the procedures, by alerting you responsible in situations of operational risks and contribute on the analysis and proposal of solutions.
- Contribute to the procedures of the department are updated on time according the rules of the group.
- Prepare all the reporting’s needed and clarify all questions according to your function with HO, clients always with supervision of you responsible.
- Contribute on preparing the fiscal declarations as request by the regulator (namely VAT, reimbursement VAT local and from other European countries, COPE, Corporate tax, Fiscal file, Transfer prices…)
- Prepare all the dashboards, tools of follow up, profitability analysis to help the general management on the course of the strategic plan
- Contribute on preparing and help to explain issues requested by the external auditors chosen by the group as well as internal inspectors with supervision of the responsible.
- Ensure on the optimization and improvements of all process necessary to your function on a view of security of operations as well as productivity and quality.
- Graduation in Accounting / Auditing
Official certified technical Accountant O.C.C. (TOC) (preferential)
- Office Excel
Good knowledge Fiscal IVA, tax, transfer pricesExperience
- At least 5 years in accounting departmentSkills& Basic Features:Essential:
- Good knowledge of fiscal legislation
Good knowledge in English written and verbal communication;
Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively.
Proactive person who tries always to improve the quality of my responsibility, job…
Good communication with all the persons, entities…, HO
Strive continuously for customer satisfaction;
- Aim to deliver very high quality results;
- Good listening and questioning ability;
Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload;
- Be able to adapt to changes and evolution;
- Automatization orientedDesirable:
- French and other language
If your profile and motivations matches our needs, you feel motivated to join our company do not hesitate in sending us you application, we will be delighted to consider you for this position.
Please note that only applications submitted with:
- Certificate of Studies
Will be considered and move forward in the application process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.