Security Package Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work collaboratively with Front Office, Credit Analysts, the Deal Implementation Team to take over the Security Package after closing of the deal
Collect the exhaustive Legal documentation for a deal (Financing documents, Security Package documents, Legal opinions)
Analyze Security Package documents to identify the ones eligible (according to current regulations and procedures) for registration and accurately map them with the Bank Nomenclatures, with the assistance of Internal Legal Department if necessary
Read and interpret Security documents to structure the data for system inputs
Create deals in the IT Tool Received Guarantee Module (RGM) and input the Security Package data
Issue instructions for booking within Local Credit systems
Monitor Security Package: expiring/ expired, validity, upcoming & overdue valuation
Update periodically Security Package data (valuation, maturity dates …)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- Paralegal Experience
- 2+ Years of Loan Experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy is imperative
- Strong academic background required
- Good understanding of Financial products
- Good understanding of risk concepts and methodologies is preferable
- Display good relationship qualities, team spirit, and ability to work across teams and in an “extended” organization
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong desire to learn about the characteristics of the specialized financings and especially their legal aspects through the guarantees and securities documents
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- Rigorous and very organized
- Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.