Application Security Expert – m/f/x
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
Did you ever wonder how we ensure that applications in the bank are secure and remain secure? Within the CoE Security, the Application Security & Vulnerability management team ensures on a daily basis that all applications of the bank become and remain secure.
In order to do this, we setup training trajectories for developers on relevant security topics and support the developers in solving the security issues they encounter with their developed code. Once Features are ready for moving towards production, we organize and execute penetration testing on the Features to ensure that the bank provides secure banking functionalities towards its customer. Finally, we constantly search for vulnerabilities, through extensive scanning, on the applications and the infrastructure of the bank, once identified we inform the involved IT teams so that they can take the necessary actions.
Your future job
- Support and assist the different development squads in their secure development
- Manage the technical infrastructure supporting automatic code reviews, open source library and Docker container evaluations
- Handle tickets with requests coming from squads to setup automatic scanning
- Review security defects and vulnerabilities in Fortify
- Maintain the applied policies (security, compliance…)
- Follow-up and report on the state of application security to ensure all relevant stakeholders have a good understanding of the security of our applications
- Update development guidelines by reviewing existing guidance and writing guidance on emerging topics
- Work on initiatives to improve the security activities (e.g. automated gating, vulnerability acceptance process, ….)
Highlight your strengths
The successful candidate shall be able to put forward
- Master in IT, Engineering or equivalent through experience
- English (fluent), French / Dutch (optional)
- Experience in distributed development (Java)
- Basic to good understanding of security aspects for development but with a very high willingness to become a security expert
- Experience in code review and penetration testing
- Good interaction skills to understand and explain the security issues
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more?
, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!