Security Analyst (NIST)
IT Security Analyst
Full Time, Permanent
Solihull B91 2AA or Belfast BT1 6HT
The IT team at BNP Paribas Personal Finance are currently seeking an experienced IT Security Analyst to join us on a permanent basis, initially to work on our high profile NIST project.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our IT teams keep BNP Paribas Personal Finance moving in the right direction every moment of every day, without them our business simply could not evolve. Your ideas and solutions will not just help manage operations, they will transform the business and ultimately affect how every one of our functions works.
We are seeking a Security Analyst to join an expanding security team to assist with the planning and implementation of several new security solutions, as well as to manage enhancements to existing security solutions. The successful candidate will be working closely with teams across the IT Department to ensure delivery of the organisation’s IT Security Strategy. This role presents an excellent opportunity to develop your career in IT Security, with the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of security technologies and be involved in all aspects of security across the business.
- Plan the implementation of new security solutions, as required for meeting defined strategic deliverables, including working with solution vendors and defining system configurations.
- Work with other teams across the IT Department and wider business to oversee the implementation of new security solutions and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Create and maintain security policies and procedures.
- Manage the handover of new security solutions to support teams for their day-to-day operations
- Ensure that any new security solutions meet wider Group requirements.
- Be a point of contact for staff across the business for any questions, concerns or issues in relation to security.
- Assist with compliance efforts (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDPR, NIST) and providing evidence for audit requests.
- Assist with incident response, as required.
To be successful for this position, we’re looking for:
- Experience working on projects to deliver new security solutions, with hands on experience working on a range of security systems.
- Strong understanding of important security concepts and security best practice.
- Passionate about security. Always keen to promote security awareness and always looking for areas where security may be improved.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience of documenting policies, procedures, security requirements and reporting for consumption at all levels up to and including senior management.
- Strong verbal communication, with the ability to clearly explain security requirements and important security concepts.
- Ability to work well with multiple teams at different technical levels.
Additional Desirable skills/experience:
- Experience implementing or managing any of the following technologies
- 2FA / SSO
- Privileged Account Management systems
- Phishing campaign test tools
- Experience creating application development policies, with a strong understanding of security best practice for application development.
- Experience in application security testing and analysis of results.
- Experience creating and testing incident response policies and plans.
- CISSP or similar security qualification.
We understand that next step in your career journey is an important one. We also know it’s all about the people as they are the ones that make our business the success it is. That’s why we provide colleagues with opportunities to make great things happen in an open and exclusive environment.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative and fun and we challenge everyone to make a difference for colleagues, customers, partners and our community.
Being part of the BNP Paribas global banking group means you’re part of something big; with plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make a real difference.
As you’d expect from being a global banking group, we can give you an award winning benefits package that gives you flexibility to choose your benefits based on what’s important to you. You’ll also have a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy.
Is there a fit?
If you’re interested in joining our dynamic and growing team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-SolihullJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level: Not indicatedSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Critical thinkingTransversal competency: Ability to understand, explain and support change