The Transaction, Securitisation and Frameworks (TSF) are the RISK Global Markets ("RISK GM") pre-trade analysis and credit approval team. Its mission, amongst others, is to focus specifically on new complex/structured transaction approvals and reviews (at inception, annually/periodically) covering risks such as counterparty, market, credit, funding, liquidity and structural risk. RISK is a fully independent function from the front office/business/coverage.
The new hire will be responsible for the annual and administrative review process of files/activities and portfolio reviews for Securitisation related exposure that is underwritten by BNPP CIB Global / Capital Markets in Europe and the Americas. The types of securitisation transactions include: warehouse lines, bridge-to-take out ABS, liquidity backstop facilities and securitisation related derivatives (e.g. Balance Guaranty Swaps).
The 3 main areas of responsibilities in order of importance are: Transaction and Portfolio Analysis; Permanent Control related and Ad-Hoc reports and Projects.
- Analyse and assess the main risks inherent in the transactions covered for the purposes of processing annual reviews, renewals of existing exposure and/or processing amendments or waivers.
- Assess the performance of the existing portfolio or sub-portfolios via the quarterly review committee process
- Anticipatory monitoring framework for securitisation
- Perform consistency checks between our modus operandi vs Procedures and our MO vs regulatory requirements
Ad-hoc Reports and Projects
- Contribute to the production of Ad hoc management information reports (internal) or external – regulatory reporting; and for internal/external audits.
- Contributing to projects improving processes from an operational efficiency perspective, or enhancing our risk management capabilities through innovative technology-led solutions.
- Review credit memos written by the business (usually include review of stress testing and the parameters that serve as an input for regulatory capital calculation purposes).
- Initiate the necessary Q&A in order to be able to make an analytical, holistic assessment.
- Write an independent RISK Analysis and summary recommendation to the delegation holder and/or credit committee.
- Facilitate/Coordinate the quarterly review committee process including providing written analytical commentary to the committee.
- Process the business requests via the credit workflow system, which includes committee/decision minutes.
- Building dashboards or actively contributing to the ones that would be built by the front office on their existing portfolios, with key risk indicators and metrics (at the deal and macro level).
- Maintain and improve counterparty exposure simulation overrides on Balance Guaranty Swaps.
- Degree in Finance, Business Math or Financial Engineering (advanced degree a plus)
- 2 to 5 years of experience within a banking environment (Front Office or Risk), or from Credit Rating Agencies
- Fluent in English
- If no direct securitisation experience, candidates should have transferable credit and risk analysis skills gained from previous roles and have ability and willingness to learn about new products and sectors.
Experienced in MS Office tools. VBA/coding/cash flow modelling, bespoke data analytics tools experience would be an advantage, but not essential.