SECURITISATION FINANCIAL ANALYST- US MARKETS
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Asset Finance and Securitisation (AFS) includes Asset Backed Securities (ABS), and Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLO) / Portfolio Financing. AFS is seeking two candidates, one supporting AFS in EMEA and one supporting AFS in the Americas.
Accomplish the following tasks within the AFS team:
Contribute to the Credit Management of the AFS securitisation portfolio:
- Create and update internal credit memo for annual reviews, renewals, amendments and waivers and participate in credit committees
- Update quarterly securitisation watchlist reports
- Monitor transaction performance, update and review transaction risks (changes in concentrations, performance relative to triggers, compliance with covenants, etc.)
Support the AFS Origination & Structuring and Portfolio Solutions team on administrative and operational aspects of setting up and executing transactions:
- Preparation of internal documentation for deal closing and booking
- Review of operational aspects of legal documentation; document and advise team on operational risks
- Submission into the AFS credit workflow system
- Initiation and follow-up of Know Your Customer requests and client on-boarding
- Booking of trades in internal systems representing the financing and payments made to parties involved in the securitisation transactions
- Request and validate the process of commercial paper issuance
- Control and validate receivables and cash transfers processed by the Middle Office
Support the production of internal and external reporting for AFS:
- Portfolio reporting: conduit exposure breakdown, risk dashboard, annual review calendar, etc.
- Budgeting and forecasting for P&L, Capital, and liquidity
- External reporting: monthly investor and rating agency reports, other presentations as needed
Provide support to AFS transversal projects
- Help maintain and update internal policies and procedures
- Maintain workflow and pipeline tools
- Assist in implementation and monitoring of new or updated risk policies
- Liaise with IT and other stakeholders for improvement of AFS tools; assist in testing updated tools
- Support other ad hoc projects as needed
Assist the quarterly and monthly regulatory capital production
- Review of capital data inputs into for accuracy
- Consistency review of data inputs and output
- Review and analysis of evolution of capital output
- Liaise with the Risk and the Finance teams to provide corrections to data inputs / capital output as needed
- Graduate (Engineering School with specialisation in Finance or Business School)
- Fluent in English; Italian or German is a plus for EMEA role
- Excel/Access, VBA, database skills
- Audit/Accounting knowledge is a plus
- Understanding and analysing complex/structured products, related risks, and underlying legal documentation
- Knowledge of internal credit and rating methodologies and policies
- Knowledge of capital, liquidity, and accounting rules regarding securitization
- Ability to communicate and develop good working relationships with different departments (AFS Structuring and Origination, Middle Office, Finance, Risk, Legal, IT, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong availability, tenacity, initiative, commitment and curiosity
- Ability to analyse and synthesise complex information, including legal documentation and large datasets
- Flexible, good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines while maintaining high standards
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.