At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Manages directly through subordinates, operational activities for a large single functional unit or multiple sections within an assigned group (CBG, NFG, RBG, WMG, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, Finance & Administration) Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that achieve a high level of operational efficiency while maintaining proper internal controls to meet the changing business needs. Works on moderately complex issues and projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for managing the operational activities on a variety of sections including those of high complexity and risk, to maximize productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews, analyzes and makes recommendations to the design and implementation of operational activities for a large single functional unit or multiple sections within an assigned group.
- Exercises administrative control over the functions and activities of the sections, including budget.
- Communicates and interprets operations performance, quality standards and goals for assigned sections.
- Monitors and adjusts the daily workflow to ensure that operational commitments are met.
- Formulates, plans, and organizes new projects that will enhance the bank's customer service capabilities; reduce costs; and contribute to the bank's cost savings initiatives.
- May review and revise service agreements both internally and externally.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Treasury & Capital Markets Ops
- Responsible for one or more Consumer Privacy regulations providing end to end oversight for the compliance program and other related privacy and/or compliance driven processes
- Oversees / manages processes: includes monitoring, reporting, and planning/executing process improvement or redesign initiatives; define, establish, and manage process controls; identify process improvement opportunities and implement them through collaboration with other groups within Bank of the West.
- Oversees the Program’s adherence to enterprise policies and guidelines as it applies to consumer privacy requirements
- Collects, analyzes and measures process data to initiate sustainable business practices and procedures and for reporting to senior leadership and executives, as well as regulators; review data for trends and gaps in the process that may require additional review
- Resolves complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes; escalates breakdowns in the process by asking the right questions and identifies/ involves the right stakeholders to correct breakdowns and/or ensures issue is on track for resolution
- Owns escalation process around fulfillment issues
- Maintains formal process documents (e.g. procedures, workflows and diagrams), and document processes and projects (creating project reports, presentations, business cases, and diagrams). Maintains, validates, and updates key reference tools for the program
- Prepares management reports for various key stakeholders (CCO, CRO, LOB execs, Customer Experience, CDO)
- Develops any required program strategy; supporting the implementation of the tools and processes necessary to support Privacy initiatives upon completion of the assessment and Roadmap
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.