DescriptionAt Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Act as a lead employee within a team of loan operation analysts, responsible for a variety of complex operational duties, research and projects related to the processing and documentation of SBA loans..
Essential Job Functions
- Provide exceptional client service to external and internal clients.
- Process SBA and commercial loan transactions accurately.
- Reviews SBA loan transactions for any changes/exceptions; requests additional documentation and/or supporting documents, if needed.
- May provide training and support to staff as needed.
- Acts as expert in SBA loan functions and handles processes and issues of high complexity.
- Responsible for ensuring complex loan transactions are complete and accurate and are in keeping with the terms and conditions approved by the appropriate authority.
- May assist in projects relative to process/workflow improvements, system updates/releases, system enhancements, etc.
- May handle escalated or complicated research requests as needed.
- Contacts relevant parties to collect necessary documentation and may act as a liaison between Bank personnel, and customers.
- Ensures loan system accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), loan documentation and portfolios to ensure quality operating integrity and customer service while protecting the Bank.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of SBA operational policy and procedure, operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Complete knowledge of the products, policies and processes that relate to unit assigned.
- Complete knowledge of banking operations.
Commercial Loan Documentation
- May be responsible for compiling and preparing standard and non-standard loan documents as per terms and conditions of the approval for all loans.
- May be responsible for loan files from any or all points including loan processing, loan documentation preparation, pre-boarding data entry, loan documentation review, loan closing, and/or tickler/file maintenance.
Commercial Loan Servicing
- May process complex loan transactions and/or book loans to the loan system
- Review and process complicated requested financial transactions (including Syndications and Special Assets) originated from customers and internal business partners.
- May perform reviews of transactions processed by other CLS staff to determine whether the transaction was posted completely and accurately.
- May perform periodic report review
- May work with internal partners to reconcile GL and other accounts
- May interact with outside service providers or government agencies
Annual Hiring Range: $50,000 - $87,000
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West may require all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated may undergo regular testing”
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.