SAS Platform Admin & Release manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The SAS Platform Administrator is responsible for the operational enhancements, installation, configuration management and support of the SAS Platforms (SAS Modelling Workbench and SAS CPnM). In addition, the SAS Admin will be in charge of release management for the team. In this capacity, he will be responsible for managing all aspects of the end to end release process.
The SAS Platform Admin serves as liaison between the SAS Developers and ITP teams to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions (performance tuning, data modeling, capacity and utilization, security management, backups, disaster recovery, user support, training and documentation) in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
• Ensuring the overall health of the SAS platforms.
• Maintaining the SAS platform, including ongoing user profile and group assignment, metadata permissions, metadata folder structure, backup and restore.
• Performing or coordinating installation, upgrade and configuration of SAS products (including SAS Product patching, SAS hotfixes, licenses, etc.).
• Overseeing, recommending and implementing appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure system reliability and performance.
• Serving as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues.
• Coordinating and following up on support issues with SAS and business users or IT teams.
• Interfacing directly with various IT functional areas as it pertains to SAS Administration.
• Performing platform capacity planning and management.
• Establishing best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform.
And in the capacity of release manager, is responsible for:
• Implementing appropriate change management for SAS applications with promotion to test platforms and release to production environment, in accordance with the bank procedures.
• Maintaining a release planning in collaboration with the IT project manager.
• Overseeing the package design, build, testing, and deployment process.
• Managing the preparation and promotion of new package to non-production environments to support the development and testing activities (SIT, NRT & UAT).
• Coordinating with BAs and developers for the elaboration of release notes and with end users to collect business sign-off.
• Liaising with application support team to organize the deployment of the new release to the production environments.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of experience in SAS administration role including installation, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting
• Solid experience with SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Financial Management, SAS OLAP server, Visual Analytics and SAS Management Console
• Proficient in Unix and Windows operation systems, especially in scripting on these platforms
• Experience in SAS development is a plus
• Ability to multi-task and support complex issues in a mixed technology environment within a matrix organization
• Excellent written, oral communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelor's degree in IT
• Experience in the financial services industry preferred
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.