MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Payment & Clearing Solutions is responsible for the processing of incoming and outgoing wire transfers on a Regional platform for a variety of currencies. The area provides a full array of Cash Management Services on an around-the-clock basis to the Bank’s customers.
In compliance with various regulatory programs, our level 1 team is responsible for first level review and research of transaction activity with potential sanctions concerns for regulatory compliance.
• Perform first level review of obvious false positive (payments/Swift and non-SWIFT messages) that are stopped in our various filtering systems.
• Escalate questionable and exact matches to the level 2 team (SEE) for review.
• Ensure adherence to all external regulatory and internal policy guidelines as dictated by the position.
• Identify repetitive false hits and submit for exclusions
• Ensure PCS’s Level 1 operations are conducted in the safest and most efficient manner possible.
• Validate file uploads to our filtering systems to ensure that list changes, additions or deletions are updated to the systems accurately.
• Analyze information obtained from case investigations to make a clear determination on the proper course of action to be taken on the payments
• Manage case investigations making sure that proper follow-up is being made and responses are being addressed in a timely manner
• Participate in the department’s educational program through tutorials, training sessions, etc.
• Maintain the highest possible regulatory standards of quality, while minimizing risk to both the Bank as well as to our customers.
• Make recommendation for procedural changes where deemed necessary.
• Keep abreast of changes, both regulatory and operational, which will have an impact on the department and the Bank.
• Perform other support operations functions to other areas within the department as required.
• Escalate complex/unusual transactions/scenarios to the Team Leader.
• Extended hours/holidays may be required at times to meet operational needs.
• Make direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Understanding of Regulatory awareness, and the regulations which govern it.
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the OFAC processes and procedures.
• Knowledgeable of International wires transfers, SWIFT and local clearing systems.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to function in both individual and collaborative work environment
• Self-motivated and ability to multi-task in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of Montran or Prime a plus
Level 1 day shift 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM
FINRA Registrations Required:
• Not applicable
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.