About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Leading team members to achieve the highest performance
- Define and create relevant KPI's for the team; promote proper procedure documentation for BAU tasks, ensuring constant update
- Analyse and Keep Track of Performance of team and development - provide regular feedback and Act as a coach of the team-members and implement of Personal Development Plans
- Promote critical thinking and an issues solving and transformation mindset
- Oversee team members production and be the first point of contact for escalations
- Escalate relevant topics to management in a timely manner
- Front Office is responsible for executing new trades and the Sales Support team ensures that trades are booked correctly and completes the bookings of step-ins, unwinds and block allocations
- Involves receiving the booking details from the Marketer or directly from the Client's middle office
- Ensure all trades are split as per client allocations in deal capture systems
- Ensure that MarkitWire (MW) is monitored to ensure all new trades, amendments, unwinds and novations alleged to us are picked up and affirmed within the regulatory deadlines
- Certifying all Trading and KYC flags are in place, Credit Lines are checked in Risk Navigator before consenting novations in MW and bookings are updated in relevant Deal Capture platform
- Monitoring CSA related collateral impacts on Trading P&L for novations where the collateral agreement between the Step In and Step Out counterparty changes currency. Raising any breaches to relevant the relevant FO representative (Trading/Sales)
- Monitoring the novation queue in MW ensuring all novations are processed within the agreed market and regulatory deadlines
- Check all “dummy” trades against external MW bookings, reconcile and package for Trading/TAs so that they can process the rebookings quickly and efficiently
- Ensure that all Mandatory Clearing deals are booked, released and cleared on trade date and within regulatory reporting timeframes
- Liaise with all teams involved in the process to ensure trade date processing
- Ensure all novated trades clear as agreed at the time of novation by chasing the counterparties where necessary
- Process any amendments on behalf of Sales in MW and obtain the necessary agreements for any economic amends before they are processed
- Ensure that the Missing IM report is checked and liaise with the Front Office Representative and Credit Officers to obtain the relevant IM information before updating this onto the trade and clearing the item from the report
- Monitor, investigate and clear the daily Unprocessed Trades report
- Liaise with all teams involved in the process to ensure all trades are processed in a timely manner
- Complete any requested backloading, ensuring all relevant checks are completed
- Responsible for moving Paper confirmed trades into MarkitWire o Responsible for moving bilateral trades into LCH
- Provide support, system and co-ordination expertise on all Bulk Package processing
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics or similar area
- A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mindset
- Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work under considerable pressure
- Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.