Keywords: Capital Markets, REPO, Securities Lending, Sales, Trading
About the job
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Porto and Lisbon) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity, which presents many short and long-term opportunities.
Your Main Activities Are
- Support the sales / trading desks with operational and client relationship issues
- Directly assist client’s Front office with whatever help they require
- Manage our own bond collateral portfolio
- Liaise with Back Office and Middle Office teams to fix operational issues
- Elaborate reports to assist trading and sales with improving business with clients
- Monitor trades
- Provide business support to Trading & Sales
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or similar (Master’s degree appreciated)
- Basic knowledge of Financial Markets, with incidence on the Fixed Income scope
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English (French or other languages will be taken into account as well)
- Ability to work under constant pressure while multitasking
- Great ability to develop relationships within the workspace
- Strong analytical skills
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial and with willingness to learn
About the Team
The team is mainly focused on our REPO/Securities Lending business, providing not only internal support to our business desks, but also to our clients. Team members have full visibility over the market and the opportunity to be in the middle of the business making decisions, dealing very closely with our sales and trading desks currently located in London and Paris with increasing business flowing from Lisbon as well. We have a young and dynamic team in which interns are accompanied by your colleagues in Lisbon but also by co-workers from London and Paris
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.