#CreditdefaultSwaps“CDS”&CreditProducts, #P&L, #PostTrade, #Sales, #Trading
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. In the context of Global Markets organization, and of BNPP’s Client-centric strategy
About the team
- The Trading Assistant Team is key to the smooth operating of the Fixed Income Derivatives Market within BNPP. It is essential the team (based in London and Lisbon) has a strong relationship with the sales/trading desk in order to provide a seamless process to our clients from Pre trade to post trade. Given the importance of the role, Trading Assistants have a considerable exposure to BNP Paribas’ Global Market business by working closely with Traders, Sales, Research and Management
- Covering traders for Financials, IG Corps, Macro, High Yield & Secondary Loans & EM desks, and the full spectrum of credit products: CDSs, Index CDSs, Bonds, Loans, Options, Tranches, TRSs and ETFs
- Assist front office in deal capture and post trade event management
- Ensure amendments and cancellations are done in a controlled manner and any P&L impact communicated to front office immediately
- Perform daily reconciliation checks on trades and liaising with operations to solve discrepancies
- Assist front office in daily reporting’s and analysis; Risk, P&L, failed/ incomplete deals
- Maintain segregation of duties with front office by not price making, entering into trades directly and booking into non-permitted portfolios
- Handling Trading, Sales and Management queries
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework by following desk procedures and escalating incidents to management
- Act, behave appropriately and comply with the general ethical standards expected by BNP Paribas Group and relevant regulatory authorities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and Group's internal compliance requirements as well as Code of Conduct including, especially, Financial Security, Fight against Corruption, Know Your Customer due diligence, Client Interest Protection, Market Integrity, Professional Ethics and Respect for colleagues
- Follow the necessary mandatory compliance training the employee has been assigned to, based on risk exposure, necessary to maintain appropriate business and compliance knowledge and understanding in order to be fully competent to undertake the role. These trainings considered as mandatory according to local regulatory requirements
- Work in close collaboration with the onshore (London) team
Profile and skills to success
- Academic background in Finance, Economics or similar areas (preferential)
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Financial markets interest
- Natural curiosity and pro-activity
- Strong reasoning and communication skills
- High level of professional ethics and integrity
- Resilience and capacity to work under considerable pressure
- Coding skills advantageous but not mandatory (VBA/Python)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.