At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for collection activities associated with delinquent payments on Business Credit Solutions (BCS) lines and loans and Credit Card delinquencies. Accounts assigned are generally of low to moderate level of complexity.
Other Job Duties
- Contacts delinquent small business customers from 15 – 60 days past due, depending on the type of lending arrangement.
- Reconciles misapplied payments.
- Works with branches for assistance in contacting customers and resolving delinquencies.
- Works with Commercial Loan Servicing Department regarding customer service related issues.
- Prepares Demands and requests for assignment to Special Assets Department.
- May act as lead for other collectors, including training and coaching as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Very good understanding of local, state and federal requirements related to contacting customers and collection of delinquent accounts
- Very good understanding of BCS lending policies, procedures and practices
- Complete knowledge of collection practices and techniques
- Complete knowledge of Dun & Bradstreet and other credit reports
- Complete knowledge and very good understanding of the Fair Debt Collections Act and collections laws
- Analytical skills
- Customer service skills
- PC skills, including knowledge of Excel and Word Written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management