BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
RISK Global Services is a transversal stream within RISK focussed on risk analytics, and industrialisation. Within GS, the RISK Systems team (RS) focusses on the implementation of risk methodologies consisting of the design, build, test and support of software applications and services to serve BNP Paribas’ RISK and Trading Business users. These applications and services contribute to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions. RS supports with full commitment all RISK initiatives and actions and operates in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) delivery mode while transitioning to Agile@Scale along other Risk teams as part of the MCL Cluster transformation
- Purpose: to fulfil a Product Owner role attached to one of the Risk Systems services and act as a business Analyst within the RS organisation.
- Scope: Global
As Product Owner within the Calculation Services London team, the candidate, under the leadership and guidance of the Product Manager of that service, leads the planning and execution of the related products / deliveries throughout the Product Life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, participating to the product vision, and working closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
As Product Owner, the candidate:
- Participates to the product strategy and roadmap
- Under the guidance of the Product Manager, adapts the clients’ needs, that come via programs and projects into prioritized Capabilities and Features with corresponding justification
- Manages the relationship with stakeholders and clients to provide updates on their topics.
- Is the owner of his squad back-log
- Is responsible for the completeness and consistency of the preparation of the PI planning at his squad level.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master and the Development people to guarantee the success of the squad’s deliveries.
Business Analysts are the intermediaries between the sponsors, stakeholders, customers, IT development teams and management for initiated projects in order to address changes. They understand and analyze the needs of the Clients and partners to propose and implement solutions that are based on their needs and requirements. Their objective is to optimize processes and organizations using information and communication technologies.
As Business Analyst within Risk Systems, the candidate is responsible for driving the following activities on his portfolio of projects:
- Requirements gathering and functional architecture design:
- Participates, in relation with a wide range of stakeholders (Quant teams, Risk Managers, Front Office) to understand and document business requirements, document changes to technology systems and contributes to functional architecture of software systems
- Leverage on desktop tools to extract and analyse data to understand current state and specify changes
- Design diagrams to communicate different aspects of functional architecture to stakeholders.
- Participates to the Business validation of the needs throughout the entire process and to the validation of the dependencies with all stakeholders
- Technical solution facilitation:
- Contributes to the relationship with development teams within RS to ensure requirements are understood and technology solutions are designed and built to a high quality standard
- Testing Strategy and Orchestration:
- Design and execute testing plans for solutions to validate that business requirements have been met and system performance meets expectations
- Contributes, with the help of RISK Systems Service Transition to the deployment of new solutions to production environments, including user on-boarding and training as well as supporting the development of operating models
- Ad-hoc Analysis:
- Provide custom analysis to help the bank respond to regulatory enquires or estimate potential cost and complexity of future software deliveries
- Presentation and Reporting:
- Generate reporting and prepare and deliver presentations tailored to specific audiences to keep sponsors and stakeholders informed of progress
Skills & Experience Required
- Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent academic background
- Understanding of Market, Counterparty and Credit Risk disciplines
- Knowledge of software project delivery / SAFe methodology
- Understanding and experience of working with IT systems
- Knowledge of Risk Methodologies
- SQL knowledge, Software development being a plus
- Soft skills
- Proficient written & oral communication with the ability to tailor presentation of complex information to a range of different audiences
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, French being a plus
- Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Curiosity, drive to adapt and learn quickly with a results driven mind-set
- Strong work ethic and exemplary conduct in line with BNP Paribas values
- Proactive and structured approach to addressing or resolving problems, taking initiative to see issues through to resolution
- Challenges the ‘status-quo’ to drive improvements for the team
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.