In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Bring strong risk and quantitative analysis skills to Investment Services (IS) in Asia. Facilitate and develop the processes within IS that need risk calculation or a quantitative approach. Guarantee the quality of methodologies and of data used.
- Ensure that a clear measurement of Risks involved by IS activity is available for the Investment Products detained by WM clients.
- The Risks measured on the products should allow:
• To provide Market Risk for the Key Clients positions and portfolios
• To feed counterparty risk systems
• To propose new products for credit and support Financing Ratios definition
• To improve suitability methodologies and Risk scoring estimation
- Assure that the methodologies employed are in line with market practices and with BNP Paribas group requirements
- Make sure that the methodologies used remain reasonably simple (cost efficient) and adapted to WM specificities, volumes and Risks.
- Carry out all the necessary methodology validations with GRM, Credit, Compliance.
- Improve Investment Product universe coverage and define the necessary and sufficient data to be used for measurement.
- Participate in IS Risk committee and bring a quantitative approach and expertise to the Committee.
- Ensure a leading role in the development of the IS Risk platform & System.
- Guarantee that the Risk projects are well coordinated with the other departments of the bank (CIB, IT, Risks, Credit, Compliance, Project Management teams, etc.)
- Play a Sponsor role on Risk measurement related topics for the IS department, Guarantee that IS needs are properly expressed, Improve the existing setup.
- Participate to IS developments when a quantitative approach is required :
• Asset Management
- Participate to IS investment or selling process when a quantitative expertise is required :
• Key Client Investment proposal or portfolio review
• Support to Product Specialists on quantitative aspects
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Solid knowledge in financial market
Good presentation and communication skills
Coding skill is an advantage
Excellent English language skills are required
Specific Qualifications Required
- Master or Degree holder with at least 7 years of relevant experience
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)Job Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 years
Behavioural competency: Communication skills - oral & written, Ability to deliver / Results drivenTransversal competency: Analytical Ability