In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
As part of its business development plan in China and following the announcement of China in July 2019 to open its capital markets to foreign financial institutions, BNP Paribas launched a project to apply for a fully owned securities company.
The mission of this new Securities firm will be to:
• Establish an integral Global Markets platform in China
• Provide access and liquidity to the maturing China capital market
• Access China equity and futures markets (bond, equity index and commodities futures)
• Risk manage structured products with domestic underlying products
• Extend the equity brokerage franchise and internalize execution flows
The scope of business lines and products planned is:
• Principal Trading and AMM: cash equities & listed securities, financial derivatives, commodity derivatives, OTC derivatives
• Brokerage (internal clients: cash equities & listed securities, financial options)
• Underwriting of equities and bonds
The project, still in framing phase, will start on January 1st 2020 for a go live scheduled in Q3 2021.
In this context, RISK is a key stakeholder of the project. Its main responsibility will be to define and implement the risk management framework (controls, systems, policies, procedures, governance…) adapted to the business lines and products in scope and compliant with the local regulation and Group guidelines.
To manage this project on a daily-basis, RISK is looking for a Project Manager who will be part of the global project team currently being setting-up in Hong Kong. His/her mission will be to ensure that all RISK deliverables are achieved in due time for the go live of the new BNP Paribas China Securities firm.
• Define and implement the RISK governance to follow-up the project with the appropriate stakeholders (RISK GM, RISK I2S, RISK ORC CIB, RISK ERA…)
• Ensure a proper coordination within RISK
• Identify all deliverables that will have to be produced on RISK side
• Define and ensure the daily follow-up of the roadmap
• Define the controls set-up to be implemented
• Produce the procedures and policies required (market risk, operational risk, etc.) with the support of the various RISK Streams
• Regularly report to his/her line manager on the progress of the project
• Formalize the job descriptions of the RISK staff who will join the China Securities firm
• Contribute to the global governance of the project under the responsibility of Global Markets
• Contribute to the design of the RISK Target Operating Model for China Securities with a distinction of the activities that will have to be managed onshore vs. activities that could be managed remotely
• Contribute to the in-depth review of onshore vendor systems and gap analysis in particular on controls and reporting
• Contribute to the user requirements for IT development notably to ensure that the global RISK systems (Risk navigator, MRX…) will be correctly fed
• Contribute to testing cases, user training, UAT with relevant IT teams
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Project management experience
- 3-5 year experience in a risk department with a knowledge of market risk or operational risk
- Knowledge of RISK/BNP Paribas is a plus
- English (fluent)
- Chinese would be welcomed