In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
- This position is a replacement headcount. It belongs to FAST DEV team who covers IT development and Second Line Support for APAC Equity Business.
• Provide IT development (mainly JAVA) and second line support for APAC Prime services and Equity derivatives trading desks (Delta1 + Flow + Exotics).
• Evaluate Equity derivatives related requests from regional Trading/Quants/Ops/Risk and deliver IT solutions reliably and efficiently.
• Implement IT solutions within the framework of the technology strategy of BNPP.
• Work with outside vendors, if necessary, to provide effective solutions.
• Liaise closely with IT Production team (FAST APS) and provide all necessary assistance.
• Participate in Equity derivatives SPOC IT meeting to gather Business feedback and requirement.
• Collaborate closely with team members in FAST DEV, manage task ownership, promote knowledge sharing, and ensure coverage for each other.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Undergraduate Degree in technical or quantitative field
• Strong hands-on experience in Java
• Good knowledge on financial products
• Experience in dealing with FO preferred
• Knowledge of distributed systems desired
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work independently and as part of the team
• Good analytical / problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Eager to learn
• Highly motivated
• Strong sense of issue ownership and business accountability
• Problem solving oriented mindset