About the job
- By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here
- Contributes to the implementation of Operational Risk and Permanent Control Framework in BNP Paribas CIB activities, by supervising 1st line of Defense through the performance of independent testing, quality review of Historical incidents and reporting
Your Main Activities Are
- Be part of Operational Risk teams, with the common objective of protecting the bank from operational risk incidents
- Be a member of the Servicing Independent testing team in Lisbon (within RISK ORM), serving, interacting and working jointly with internal clients worldwide
- Support definition and deployment of 2nd line of defense control plan: understand the key risks and identify first line controls to be verified / reperformed
- Execute control plan: verify and / or re-perform controls executed by the first line to ensure the effectiveness of the control
- Contribute to the production of dashboards and reports on control results
- Support to the definition of the remediation actions in collaboration with the first line and central 2nd line, based on the control plan results
- Perform the quality review of historical incidents: challenge incidents description and remediation plans, and contribute to the production of reports and dashboards on historical incidents
- Communicate, alert and escalate any attention point to the RISK ORM CIB teams
- Focus on harmonization, improvement and automation of the processes controlled: propose suggestions of change and participate or lead , when required, in the innovation projects developed within the team
- Work in direct strong coordination with: RISK ORM CIB and 1st line of Defense CIB teams
- Contribute to Operational Risk awareness across BNP Paribas CIB teams
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters Degree in Management / Economics / Finance
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience in Audit / Risk / Compliance
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral, is mandatory
- Knowledge in
- Office Pack
- Testing (is a plus)
- Risk Management is a plus
- Development Tools / Methodology is a plus
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to synthetise / simplify
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Critical thinking
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.