Risk Enterprise Architecture Trainee
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within the RISK function, Risk Enterprise Architecture (ERA) gathers and transforms data into Risk information to provide internal and external stakeholders with a holistic understanding of the Bank’s current and anticipated risks.
In order to provide a transversal understanding of the Bank’s risks, RISK ERA:
· Develops the infrastructure (i.e. systems, models and services) to quantify, analyse and report risks,
· Manages the quality of RISK data to ensure high standards of risk representation, analysis and reporting,
· Independently assesses the Bank’s liquidity, interest rate and foreign exchange risk of ALMT activities.
RISK ERA serves the Chief Risk Officer, the General Management and the Board, as well as the RISK business domains, for each type of risk.
RISK ERA is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Depending on your academic background and preferences, you may be invited to integrate one of these areas in the RISK Lisbon Hub:
· Portfolio Analysis and Reporting: team serves internal and external clients with an added value offer of risk analysis and reports, meant to be used for decision making and for regulatory purposes.
· Stress Testing: team aims to manage Stress Tests models on the one hand and to ingest and transform the data, which ultimately feeds a simulation engine, on the other hand.
· Models: team aims to design Models and track the performance and robustness of internal rating models on the Basel credit risk parameters.
· Data management: team implements data solutions and data quality framework to support credit risk and operational risk analysts.
By integrating the RISK ERA Lisbon teams, you will work in a transversal, data-driven and dynamic place for Risk Management, in which several data science, portfolio analysis and quantitative projects are being developed by talented colleagues.
· Master Degree
· Programming skills appreciated (VBA, SQL, Python, R,…)
· Ability to query and to analyse data
· Strong curiosity, Team Player, Flexible /open to change, Positive and Self-driven
· Fluent in English
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.