Risk & Controls Business Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
We are looking for Finance Business Analysts to join the Lisbon team in charge of permanent control and operational risk.
Business Analysts will have the opportunity to work on the solution, called IRIS, used to implement controls related to identify banking risks within the operational processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Carry out functional evolutions of IRIS
Perform studies to understand the impact of new “clients’ needs” on the tool
Summarize the business requirements with the relevant stakeholders
Design the tool’s improvements based on the existing functions and settings of the tool
Work closely with BNPP IT teams, located in France, to deliver the upgrades following the roadmap of the tool’s releases
Perform the testing phase with clients and IT teams and organize Go/no-Go meetings
Carry out the tool’s roll-out in new entities of the Group
· Provide Clients and users with a daily support
Support for process modelling methodology
Change management / training sessions for the new users
Management of clients’ Q&A using the Group workflow tool
Analysis and ad-hoc studies
· Participate to the tool’s implementation in other business of the Bank
· Coordinate the different stakeholders of the tool (local/central Finance or Risk teams, users, IT teams, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree in business management / financial systems
· Experience in a similar role is appreciated
· Previous banking experience within Finance Projects teams is preferred
· Project methodology (Agile, V model…) is a plus
· Experience in Business Process Modelling
· English (B2/C1 level, CECRL certificate) mandatory
· French (B2/C1 level, CECRL certificate)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Rigorous and organized
- Interpersonal and customer orientation skills
- Pro-active behaviour regarding the ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- At ease with multi-tasking
- Ability to synthetize and to give feedbacks to peers
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
· On-call duty on nights and week-ends for end-user support can be required during closing periods
- Availability: Up to 3 months of training abroad
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered