Market/Credit Risk Auditor
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within RISK, the Global Practice RISK IRC is in charge of the independent review of the credit, market, counterparty, insurance and operational risks as well as the RISK ORC function of RISK. Risk Independent Review (RISK IR) is the team responsible for the independent review of the risk measurement systems for the risks covered by RISK IRC. These reviews can take different forms (ex-ante / ex-post, driven by a regulatory objective or not, methodology / implementation) and are more or less exhaustive according to the subjects treated.
Within RISK IRC, the team Framework, Processes & Systems (FPS) is in charge of, among other things, the review of all the BNP Paribas Group's processes and information systems (central and local) contributing to the measurement of credit, market or counterparty risks. The topics covered are as follows:
- Information systems and data quality: data supporting the modelling and run of credit risk models (e.g. PD, LGD and EAD), market (VaR, IRC) and counterparty (EEPE)
- Systems and processes dedicated to the production of the risk indicators and the computation of the Risk weighted assets
- Internal and regulatory reporting: collection of risk data and production of reports, local and central processing during the reporting process
- Reconciliation of accounting and risk data locally and centrally
- Good application of the regulatory definitions and internal standards
- Use of the internal rating systems
- Governance and risk management
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will integrate the RISK Platform in Lisbon to contribute to the Framework, Processes & Systems (FPS) team deliverables with the following responsibilities:
- Guarantee applicability of regulatory standards, internal procedures, internal systems and compliance
- Performing review and analysis works, assessing risks for all types of risk measurement systems on the reviewed perimeter
- Issuing reports and proposing action plans or recommendations to the concerned RISK departments and beyond
- Performing in-depth independent reviews, in accordance with the following points
- Doing independent reviews of the risk measurement systems of the BNP Paribas group (any country)
- Producing analyses related to the laws, regulations, procedures and existing practices
- Controlling the quality of the monitoring systems of the main risk families
- Writing reports and proposing action plans
- Writing final reports
- Presenting the objectives of the review and its conclusions to the management
- Proposing remediation plans on the specific areas where weaknesses have been identified
- Controlling recommendations and justifications supporting their closure
- Engineering and Mathematical academic backgrounds desired
- 3+Y of experience in Banking / Audit Firms or Consultancy Firms with knowledge of Banking Prudential Regulation
- At least, 3 years of experience in a Risk / Business department as Credit Analyst and/or Audit firm / Finance department as Auditor / IT Auditor
- Knowledge of Python, R or SAS valued
- Fluent in English
- High quality of deliverables in tight deadlines
- Capacity of analysis and synthesis
- Rigorous and curious
- Client’s oriented
- Capacity of innovation and adaptation in a transversal environment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.